Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To rattle or not to rattle? >

To rattle or not to rattle?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To rattle or not to rattle?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default To rattle or not to rattle?

This passed weekend I hunted a 40 acre plot that's a bedding area. I kicked up deer coming in before sunrise but was able to grunt/rattle in a small 6 pointer about mid-day. He charged in pretty steamed up and circled my tree twice then left. For sh**s and giggles I tried to see if I could rattle him back in about a half hour later but nothing happened. I think this was a mistake because Ibelieve I've educated him and probably other bucks in the area that rattling from that specific spot only means there's a human in the woods. btw- I later found 4-5 rubs around my tree which I think belong to this small six. I also think that's why he came storming in todefend his turf.

Anyway, I don't want this 6. What I really want is the monster that the land owner of this property and all his neighbors have been trying to kill for years. (fat chance seeing as I'm still a rookie yet huh)

So...should I continue to rattle though there's a chance I've already given the deer a head's up to my rattling? -or- should I just wait and see what the rut drives my way?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]