Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Exciting Morning Yesterday >

Exciting Morning Yesterday

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Exciting Morning Yesterday

Old 11-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Exciting Morning Yesterday

Well as most of you know I already filled my archery buck tag and have two antlerless tags left. So yesterday morning I decided to head out and see if I could bag a doe. Well no more than 10 minutes in stand I had one big deer come in, I thought it was a big old doe and was at full draw, then the ears went back, 4 inch spikes, [:@].. So I let him walk.I hear some movement to my right shortly after and watched a doe run through, figured my cousin Mike kicked her up on the way into his stand, well that wasnt the case, she was runnning from a massive buck chasing her. I watched the show for about 5-10 minutes before they disapeared into the thick brush behind me. 5 Minutes later I witnessed another nice buck chasing a doe. And I kept seeing bucks chasing does untill about 830. All in all I counted 10 bucks and 11 does. What an great morning. I say the rut is picking up. Last nights sightings.........0.[&:]I came out just before dark to scout the field,and there was on nice buckchasing 7 does, hes going to be a tired little boy this morning. Couldnt tell how big he was but he puton one hell of a show for me and the cousin for 10 minutes or by goingfrom chasing one doe, then to the next to the next and so on. We were laughingso hard we damned near fell over. Poor guy couldnt make up his mind and the ladies woudlnt give him any....wellI guess he knows how most of usfeel. All in all it was a great day. Thats what its all about.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Spike

Default RE: Exciting Morning Yesterday

thats cool im waiting for the same here in NY, little chasing but not much good luck