Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feet cold

Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 AM

Default RE: Feet cold

It doesn't get all that cold here in GA... but I've hunted a few mornings in the 20's and as I get older and more out of shape, I seem to get colder easier... I carry a cheap, old (like $30 one) sleeping bag with me on really cold mornings. When I get to the stand, I'll shuck my boots and sit inside the sleeping bag zippered up to about my waist. My feet stay nice and toasty. Obviously, you can't do this if you're stalking or still hunting, but, my feet don't typically get cold if I'm doing that anyway.

Cheers!
MadOtis
Old 11-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

125--" I have those and in my opinion they are a waste of money. So are the battery powered heated socks."

When it gets into the 20's here in VA...I follow these steps and keep my feet warm....small socks on the way to the stand....take off my boots and let out some steam, actually letting my feet cool a bit. Then I put on a good pair of warm socks. AFter that I put on the booties....my feet feel warm. Works for me.

shadow
Old 11-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just picked up a new pair of rockys witht he removable liners in them. I love these boots. So far they have kept my feet nice and warm. Heres another tip, wear a thin polester or silk sock under your wool socks.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I just picked up a new pair of rockys witht he removable liners in them. I love these boots. So far they have kept my feet nice and warm. Heres another tip, wear a thin polester or silk sock under your wool socks.
Just ordered a pair of them liner socks.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Best thing i ever did was start using polypropylene socks under the wool. Feet stay warm now.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

I'd be concerned about scent issues if I wore one set of socks to my stand, then right under my stand, took off my shoes and socks and changed socks, etc.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

GOOD liner socks, and GOOD wool socks. Not all wool socks are created equal...

Hey, if all else fails, get yourself a pair of those heated socks....
That and stick on some Toastie Toe heaters

Dan
Old 11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to wear just plain socks to my stand then AFTER I CLIMB the tree,change into my warm wool and polypropeline socks and my feet stay toasty warm.

If I don't do that,my feet FREEZE.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I have to wear just plain socks to my stand then AFTER I CLIMB the tree,change into my warm wool and polypropeline socks and my feet stay toasty warm.

If I don't do that,my feet FREEZE.
Aw Come on!! It never gets Cold in Henderson, does it

Dan

Quick Reply: Feet cold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.