Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pike county rut

Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Spike

Default Pike county rut

How long does the rut normally last in Pike County Illinois? Is anyone seeing any sign of it starting up?

I will be up there from the 9th until shotgun season start. This is my first year in Illinois and just trying to learn as much as I can.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Pike county rut

The rut should be starting in the next week in Pike. It probably will be hot for a couple of weeks. You can spot bucks chasing does all the way into to Jan.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Spike

So, I should be in good shape going up next week. I am working on a ship right now and it is killing me that I can't be up there right now.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Wont be long. I've got another week myself and I'll be headed that way. Keep practicing that way your ready when you get there. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Widgeonus

How long does the rut normally last in Pike County Illinois? Is anyone seeing any sign of it starting up?

I will be up there from the 9th until shotgun season start. This is my first year in Illinois and just trying to learn as much as I can.

Thanks
I'll be a couple counties from you 9-15 i'll be in Cass County. Dude you should be in for a treat, my first year in Pike i saw a buck in the first 10 minutes in the county that would smoke anything around here. That county has too many deer, someone needs to thin some does outa there. You and i hopefully should be hitting it perfect, new moon, weather cooling down, im ready. Don't forget a snort wheeze...Words to live by.