Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife's>

Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wife's>

mine knows better to get testy with me, after all i own her
Old 11-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been there, married 17 years. Eventually the marriage didn't last, we didn't split up over hunting, she just didn't love me anymore and I took a back seat to my beautiful children for many years. I even stopped hunting for a while and let my job take over my life, soI could provide for her and the kids. She didn't have to work and I was the ticket. Then one day she suggests we split and I agree. I have a GF now that loves to hunt, she has bought tree stands, trail cameras and lots of other stuff. Her enthusiasm is amazing. She loves to shoot her bow, practice and hunt. She treats me like a King. She is truly an amazing woman and I appreciate her very much.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My fiance gets a little aggravated but I have Friday's off and she works and then sleeps till noon on Saturday. So I've worked it out so she doesn't flip out and give the ring back. If she does I'm going hunting for caribou in Quebec that ring was expensive.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

I have hunted since I was 12 I met my wife whenI was 25. I hunt less now then I did when I first met her. We go through this every year and it drives me nuts every year. My daughter told her last night "this is when he hunts leave him alone he'll be back on Sunday." At least she has it fiqured out. This 2 weeks around the rut is busy for me because like most people are trying to jugle home,work and hunting I just don't need the extra nagging from the wife when she knows I am going to hunt these 2 weeks or until I shoot something.
ORIGINAL: Javabird17

HMMM... You hunted when you married ? no ? Love me then... love me now... That's how it is..

Unless you have changed how you treat her; since you have met... Or how much time you spend with her whether it's hunting season or not..

Have you changed or stopped doing something ?

I want the whole story
Then you haven't done a damn thing wrong and she needs to find a hobbie while you are out there. Plain and simple. If you were ingnoring more than usually ; if you were out twice as much then you were in the past.. it would be a different story.. In your case , she needs to step back and remember when you guys first met... Was she excited for you when you brought home dinner ? If so, she needs to snap back into it and join back up in her own way.. Or, again, find "busy work" for when you are not there...

There, now you have a woman's point of view...
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I got all of you guys beat it seems.

My wife can't wait for deer season to start. I often threaten her with taking a week or so of vacation off just to sit at home to drive her bonkers. Although I got the end of Nov. and Dec off for almost 2 weeks each to hunt.

She knows that hunting is only a few months a year and its one of my favorite things to do besides riding motorcycles. Tomorrow is our 5 yr anniversary and I will be at work (she will also be working) and I will go into the woods after work. Saturday I will do the same but hunt all day and we will go out after I get home. Will have someone to watch our little boy for the night and have Sunday to ourselves.. Best of all, it was her idea for me to hunt tomorrow afternoon and also all day saturday..

If I come home empty handed (like every day this season so far) [:@]She will ask me if I at least got to enjoy watching the woods wake up or go to bed..

No she don't have any sisters before anyone asks.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Mine gets upset if I don't take her b/c she's afraid I'll hunt her stand
Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

No my wife has no problems with it.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not planning to marry anytime soon... So I'm not too worried about it!!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be sure she know this! BAM!
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

mine knows better to get testy with me, after all i own her
Old 11-02-2007, 06:56 AM

My husband knows that I will return to him after hunting season. I bow hunt, he doesnt. And as long as HE keeps the house cleaned, cloths washed, dinner cooked and the dogs fed, I will be happy.
Nuff said?!

Quick Reply: Wife's>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.