Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife's>

Old 11-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wife's>

the coment above me
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

No, she knows her role.Don't tell her I said that. No probs here she knows how much I enjoy hunting and hate shopping with her.
thats when you give her some money and you go huntin and let hershop while yur out
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM

Though we're not married yet, she acts like it most of the time. But with hunting, I'm lucky she understands what it means to me and she generally doesn't bug me too much about it. And when she does, I just remind her about all the crap I have to put up with dealing with her family who hates my guts. Then she leaves me alone again.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

What world are you living in?Never never Land[&:]
ORIGINAL: isatarak

Just throw her down on the bed and put the hammer down just before you go out and tell her there will be more to come when you get back.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Well, mine doesn't like the fall too much, but she puts up with the hunting because she knows how much I love it and I have never hid it from her. After 24 years, I think she's adjusted well.

Headed to Illinois next week for awhile! When I get back, I'll probably bring her some gift just to say thanks. Guys, that is how youtreat your ladies! Especially if you're too old and you can't drive the nails like you used to!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 AM

HMMM... You hunted when you married ? no ? Love me then... love me now... That's how it is..

Unless you have changed how you treat her; since you have met... Or how much time you spend with her whether it's hunting season or not..

Have you changed or stopped doing something ?

I want the whole story
Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 AM

I AM 27 YEARS OLD MY WIFE IS 30 I HAVE HUNTED FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 6 YRS, AND WE HAVE 2 CHILDREN A G-4 AND A B-2 AND SHE HATES THAT I LEAVE TO GO HUNTING BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH THE KIDS ALONE. SHE LIKES TO SAY THAT HUNTING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE. AND THAT HUNTING ALWAYS COMES FIRST. SHE ALSO SAYS WHEN THE KIDS ARE OLDER SHE WONT CARE IF I GO BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED CONSTANT ATTENTION. ITS REAL HARD TO DO THE OUT OF STATE HUNTS WHEN THERE THIS YOUNG BUT THE DAY HUNTS. SHOULD BE FINE. I JUST WISH SHE WAS AS INTHUSED ABOUT MY HUNTING AS I AM OR AT LEAST FAKE IT..... WELL THATS IT FOR ME I GOTTA GO CHANGE A DIAPER................
Old 11-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted since I was 12 I met my wife whenI was 25. I hunt less now then I did when I first met her. We go through this every year and it drives me nuts every year. My daughter told her last night "this is when he hunts leave him alone he'll be back on Sunday." At least she has it fiqured out. This 2 weeks around the rut is busy for me because like most people are trying to jugle home,work and hunting I just don't need the extra nagging from the wife when she knows I am going to hunt these 2 weeks or until I shoot something.
ORIGINAL: Javabird17

HMMM... You hunted when you married ? no ? Love me then... love me now... That's how it is..

Unless you have changed how you treat her; since you have met... Or how much time you spend with her whether it's hunting season or not..

Have you changed or stopped doing something ?

I want the whole story
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Um.....YEP
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds kinda like my wife. She is usually pretty understanding. but every once in awhile she gets upset. and i simply remind her that i hunted before i'm gonna hunt after i got married and she is the one that said yes. I warned her when we started dating that when deer season rolls around that she probably wouldn't see much of me.
She didn't even get mad at me last night when i decided to go hunting rather than trick or treating. (only cause i saw a shooter 2 days earlier)
Just sit her down and explain to her. Don't yell. Then she cant see the passion you employ for the sport. I'm sure she has something that she loves that you hate.
My wife loves teddy bears. So much that i let her spend $300 on a little bear she was wanting. But guess what i get to hunt pretty much whenever I want.
But even if you get to that point that doesn't mean you take advantage of it. You still have to use some judgement. and spend some "quality" time with her.

Quick Reply: Wife's>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.