Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about 82nd Airborne >

Question about 82nd Airborne

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about 82nd Airborne

Old 10-25-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Question about 82nd Airborne

Seeing how bows in the past didn't have the string suppressors like they all are going to now..............what effect do you guys think that will have on forearm slap??

Will the string stopper eliminate the more common arm slap seen with shorter brace heights like on the 82nd airborne??

Another question...........the 82nd and 101st look like the EXACT same bow to me except for the brace height. Why is the 101st not available in the same draw lengths as the 82nd??
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question about 82nd Airborne

Atlas..While I have no experience with the bows you mention. I have messed around with several suppressors and even made a few, yes, they will eliminate forearm slap.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

From the pictures, it looks like the 82 has shorter limbs, thus the shorter brace height. Also the 101 is 1/4" shorter (not sure that makes a huge difference). As far as arm slap, I never knew that short brace height could be the culprit, just that being overdrawn was a common reason. Good question on the draw lengths, perhaps one of the Bowtechies will chime in.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Seeing how bows in the past didn't have the string suppressors like they all are going to now..............what effect do you guys think that will have on forearm slap??

Will the string stopper eliminate the more common arm slap seen with shorter brace heights like on the 82nd airborne??

Another question...........the 82nd and 101st look like the EXACT same bow to me except for the brace height. Why is the 101st not available in the same draw lengths as the 82nd??
Forearm slap isn't really a product of a certain brace height, it's really caused by improper grip on the bow. If you have a less than perfect grip, and experiencesome forearm slap on other short brace height bows, then this suppressor should help to eliminate that. I would still encourage people to look into modifying their grip though to prevent this.........

According to discussion with Matt / PA, they both use the same riser, and cams. Only difference is length of limbs, that is where they are accomplishing the difference in brace height. When you have a difference in ATA length, and the same size cam........it will produce different draw lengths. For example, the Equalizer and Consitution use the same exact "Mini Binary" cam which was designed for optimum energy produced at the amount of rotation that these two bows produce, that is why the Consitution is so quick for a long brace height bow, and why the EQ is so quick for a 27" bow. The Equalizer however is 33" ata, and the Consitution is 41" ATA, however still produce the same cam rotation characteristics. Because of the difference in ATA lengths, the Constitution will draw out to 30.5" however the Equalizer will only go to 27.5". Make sense?

Edit - Now I'm looking at the specs, and the longer ATA 82nd bow is actually available in the shorter DL's?? Discount what I said above, now I really don't understand how they are doing this. I'm guessing different limb deflections with different amounts of preload, and different lengthsof cable/string?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:32 AM

Buckeye, if you read this could you explain why shorter limbs mean it is available in a shorter draw length.