Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The General or the 82nd Airborne? >

The General or the 82nd Airborne?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The General or the 82nd Airborne?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Spike

Default The General or the 82nd Airborne?

I am looking to purchase a new BowTech. I will mainly be using itfor hunting, not competition shoots. This will be my third bow so I am ready to spend the money for a good one. I am looking at The General and the 82nd Airborne. Please give me some input to help me decide which one to purchase.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 PM

Default RE: The General or the 82nd Airborne?

You will love either one I bet - but you have to try and shoot both. The General is the flagship with the technology to boot. Very quite and smooth bow to shoot. The 82nd is more of a speed bow but still with the string suppressor is quiet also and very nice to shoot.

I had the same issues last year I ended up with a Guardian and an Allegiance. Pricey for me, but, I love both bows equally for different reasons.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The general is a smoother more forgiving bow and the 82nd is all about speed but is still quit smooth and forgiving. Like mentioned before you need to shoot both and see which one fits you best. Good luck, Im sure you will be pleased with either one.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just purchased the general (bow Tech) today, have not shot it yet. cost me an arm and a leg by the time i got it all setup. will start shooting it tomorrow and get back with you with the results. i did shoot one at the store and it was really quiet and no forward motion upon the release.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not tryin to steal or jump in on anybodies thread----since you have pointed out comparisons of the general/airborne what about the allegiance..
Once again--im really not trying tobutt in here its just that these guys seem to have some good info on bowtechs and was wondering thier thoughts on other bowtechs
Thanks
Old 08-31-2008, 07:26 AM

I had the same problem i went and shot every bow this year i could get my hands on hoyt, mathews parker ross then the general and the 101, 1500 shots later i am glad i got the 101 its an awsome bow, i shoot a 5575 gt with 100grn rage on 66 lbs 306 not many bows will do that ive tested many, so good luck
Old 08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO a 28.5" draw or less can not go wrong with the 82nd. While I like the way the General shoots I prefer a little longer A to A and even though I consider myself an average shot the 82nd has shot extremely well for me.

It is fast becoming one of my ATF bows. This season will be the final test.

Here are 2 arrows at 40 yards.

Dan

Old 08-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Next 2 shots were both from 60 yards. I put the orange dot on the bag target so I actually could see what I was aiming at. On the Deer target I just aimed for a kill. I believe it would have Got-R-Done.

If you have a shorter draw don't let the short BH scare you from trying this bow. It definitely is a shooter!!

Dan

Old 08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a pic of the 60 yard arrow in the Deer target.

Dan

Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot both. i own a general and couldnt be happier with it. i have shot quite a few 3d's with it and it is a great bow imo and am readyto hunt this season with it. i have owned it since march and shoot aabout 6days a week adn i love it. i am getting an 82nd or 101stafterseason is out for a target only bow.i honestly dont think i could sell the general.
btw, i have never shot one, but take a look at the allegience, tons of people love them for hunting. either way, i dont think you could go wrong with any that have been mentioned. good luck
Derek

Quick Reply: The General or the 82nd Airborne?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.