Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No Brow Tines??? >

No Brow Tines???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Brow Tines???

Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default No Brow Tines???

There are 2 nice sized bucks running around my woods without brow tines.

Ones a 6 point, he has 3 points on one side and 2 on the other with a very skinny brow tine. He's about 16-18 in wide ( passed his ears) and maybe 12in tall. Decent sized body.

The other looks to be a HUGE 4 point with no brow tines that I could see. ( it was getting dark but from 12 yards I noticed none) The 4 point I am pretty sure is a spike I saw last year, if so last year he had two 12 in spikes and a big body. The 4 point that I saw tonight has about a 15in spread and is about 15 in high. He looks perfectly uniform and with the mass of his body and hieght and width of his antlers looks like he should be at least a big 6 point.

I am worried that these deer are going to continue to produce bucks with out brow tines. And the shame of the matter is both of these deer with brow tines are definite shooters. Should I use my only buck tag to stop one of them from breeding?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: No Brow Tines???

Regardless of the brow points, they sound like good bucks. Only you know the answer to that question.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Spike

Sounds like something you need to ask yourself. I agree with Rob, they both sound like nice animals.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Spike

I understand they are both great deer and with 10 min more daylight I could have gotten a better look at him. I could have made the shot easily with the amount of light I had but I could not make out any other points then the 4. I live in Pa and hunt 5C we have a 3 point restriction. Do deer develope brow tines or we he always be this way?