Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree Umbrella....PITA? >

Tree Umbrella....PITA?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Umbrella....PITA?

Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Tree Umbrella....PITA?

Do these work....or are they a pain in the ass?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Umbrella....PITA?

They work. I have one and used it quite a bit over the last 2x seasons. They are a bit of a PITA, you need to tie them using the supplied snap on straps in addition to the screw in anchor. Once screwed and tied on though, they work great and can be a blessing on a rainy day. They beat the heck out of sitting on the couch, that's for sure.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

They work great, and they are only a mild pain in the PITA. Less of a pain than being cold and wet all day and having your slick tricks rust.The umbrellasaved my hunt in Illinois last year. Our guide required you to sit all day on stand rain or shine. We had a steady rain from dawn until about 2 pm. The umbrella took a few minutes to get set up in the dark,but it was SOOOO worth it. I stayed dry and comfortable all day, and my bow, arrows, and all my gear stayed dry as well. The guide required everybody to bring an umbrella, and alot of guys were complaining about it before the trip. But after that rainy day, every person was glad they had it and said it was a lifesaver.

I had deer near me and they paid no attention to the umbrella. I even shot a coyote that day.

I used an Ameristep umbrella that hangs from a screw in hook above your head and has two straps going around the tree. This makes it withstand the wind much better than some of the cheap ones I've seen. It folds up real small to pack too.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

If you sit on one just right, and then open it, it can REALLY be a PITA. And hard to get out too.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice...

I have used one for quite a few years...or should I say that I have used several over the years. They are always in my pack if there is even a small chance for rain. They can turn a disaster into a comfortable situation in a hurry and they really aren't that difficult to setup and use.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Mine works great, just make sure it's screwed in high enough to allow for your bow when you stand up.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Host of Hosts

just make sure it's screwed in high enough to allow for your bow when you stand up
I can relate to that. The first time I put mine up I hung it too low and couldn't draw. It didn't cost me a deer because I adjusted it after realizing what I did.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff, I'm begining to wonder if you don't trust my judgement.[8D]

I hunted in some ugly weather while staying dry under a tree umberella. I've also watched deer and turkeys from under one.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got one....never used it though

Quick Reply: Tree Umbrella....PITA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.