Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 summit stand failure(pics added page 2) >

summit stand failure(pics added page 2)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

summit stand failure(pics added page 2)

Old 10-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: summit stand failure

I had a weld pop on my viper the second year I had it. I was 195 lbs. at the time. It did cause the metal to bend slightly. This happened on a Saturday. I called Summit on Monday morning and explained the what happened. They were genuinally concerned, made sure I was OK, and asked when I planned on hunting next. I told them that I was heading for out of town Friday afternoon. I received the new piece on Wednesday and shipped the damaged piece back with the shipping label they provided.

Their customer service was great. I am a Lone Wolf guy now and still use the Summit in certain situations but would consider them in the future if I was in the market for a new stand; however, it is hard to beat Lone Wolf stands.

I am glad you weren't injured.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: summit stand failure(pics added page 2)

ORIGINAL: Trex

I have a very old Summit Viper. It is made of steel and is very heavy. I weigh approx 250 and have never had a concern with the structural soundness of this stand. I don't believe you could put a dent in mine with a 12 pound sledge hammer.

I had one of those also...no chance of having one of them fail on ya unless the rust bugs get it..lol. Those were the tanks of the tree stand world. Traded it for a new cuddeback dig deer camera..lol.

Im sure Summit will make it right...their customer service is among the best outt here.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, summit has some of the best customer service out there, i had a good conversation with a rep today. i will post a complete review later, but they seem to be very helpfull

thanks,
moose
Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

First I just want to say that I'm glad you're OK. It's always an eye opener when something goes wrong in the field. Secondly, I've been using nothing but Summit stands for the last 11 years, never anything wrong. IMO they make some of the best and strongestproducts out there. As HNI Christine said, she backed over hers with a truck and nothing went wrong. Lastly, I'm in no way pointing fingers or anything, but I have to agree with Jeff(GMMAT). It just seems like the stands has had some previous injury. It's not that I don't believe you, I just have to be skeptical because of my past experience, and others past experiences, with Summit.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

just for the record, summit replaced the defective platform at no cost. this was on a stand that i purchased a LOOONG time ago.

they did not have to do this.

it speaks VOLUMES on thier service and commitment to thier customers and thier products. I am VERY pleased and will stick with SUMMIT products.

for those who believe i was b.s ing about the incident, pound sand. for those with genuine concern about the issue, thanks for the interest.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the update, moose... throughout the years, I've always heard similiar feedback about Summit's customer service; it's good to know nothing has changed.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Host of Hosts

for those who believe i was b.s ing about the incident, pound sand
And a Very Merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

that thing looks like i was using it lol
Old 12-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes metal will bend/break after it has been stressed over time and use so you never know when it will happen.....glad you didn't get hurt Moose!
Old 12-25-2007, 05:02 PM

ive had one for 5 years been perfect!

Quick Reply: summit stand failure(pics added page 2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.