HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   summit stand failure(pics added page 2) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212886-summit-stand-failure-pics-added-page-2-a.html)

moose1915 10-19-2007 09:22 AM

summit stand failure(pics added page 2)

has anyone had thier summit viper "fail" on them?

i had what could only be described as "catastrophic failure" with mine this morning. The metal looks like a car ran it over, the bottom part bent into a horshoe.
i have used this stand for 5 years with 0 problems, whats up?

moose

GMMAT 10-19-2007 09:26 AM

RE: summit stand failure

I'm in my 3rd season with my Viper. I've experienced no issues with it.....other than total satisfaction. I'd like to see some pics if you have them.

Deleted User 10-19-2007 09:34 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

bloodcrick 10-19-2007 09:35 AM

I hate hearing this, my goliath has been great.

Deleted User 10-19-2007 09:49 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

foxfire66 10-19-2007 09:53 AM

Hmmm this is my 5th season for my viper and it still works great! I would like to hear more about these problems.

Mikey S. 10-19-2007 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

has anyone had thier summit viper "fail" on them?

i had what could only be described as "catastrohic failure" with mine this morning. The metal looks like a car ran it over, the bottom part bent into a horshoe.
i have used this stand for 5 years with 0 problems, whats up?

moose

so what happened? metal just doesn't bend itself. I've beat the hel out of my bushmaster for 4 season, and this is the 4th season for my viper and not a smidgen of problems. I'm curious to hear your story.

Rhody Hunter 10-19-2007 10:23 AM

I have a summit and have no problems . this is the most comfortable stand i've ever hunted out of. i'm very happy with it

gzg38b 10-19-2007 10:23 AM

That's scary. You weren't hurt were you? Did it cause you to fall?

Matt / PA 10-19-2007 10:27 AM

I made a post not 2 days ago regarding my Viper Classic. Its the cheaper of the Summit Climbers. The bottom part kept "creeking" and it was not easing to hear while 30'+ up in a tree. I took the bottom back and exchanged it, last night I went out with my new bottom portion and original top portion, this one is worse. Im going to call Summit and see if there is a "silent recall" like car companies sometimes have. Although, I would think any recall would be made public information given the high probability of injury under the circumstances in which this "product" is used by its owners.
Believe it or not most of the time the "Creaking" you hear with the platforms has to do with the powder coat in the teeth on certain tree styles. Its weird I know but trust me, the powder coat makes noises against certain bark.
Take a file and rasp all the coating off the contact points with the tree and I bet the noise goes away.