Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whiner session

Old 10-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Whiner session

Ever had one of those days where you just felt like a dog and everything goes wrong?? Here is how my evening went.
Picked up my son at school for an evening hunt. dropped him off to go to his stand. started to my stand location with climber, realized i had forgot my thermacell when the skeeters were tearing me up, its hotter than he!!, lost an arrow on the way in, found deer ticks all over my hands while on stand, my throat feels like it was swabbed with a wire brush, im light headed, fell like crap and never saw anything. If ya had one of those days, feel free to whine on this post to get it out Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, im taking nyquil and im going to crawl in bed and die thank you very much. []night night!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whiner session

LOL
Old 10-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

I bet it wasn't a wire brush the swabbed your throat...Ha Ha!

Dink loves Burns....Burns loves Dink
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Ever had one of those days where you just felt like a dog and everything goes wrong?? Here is how my evening went.
Picked up my son at school for an evening hunt. dropped him off to go to his stand. started to my stand location with climber, realized i had forgot my thermacell when the skeeters were tearing me up, its hotter than he!!, lost an arrow on the way in, found deer ticks all over my hands while on stand, my throat feels like it was swabbed with a wire brush, im light headed, fell like crap and never saw anything. If ya had one of those days, feel free to whine on this post to get it out Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, im taking nyquil and im going to crawl in bed and die thank you very much. []night night!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 PM

He!! yeah. Headed to a new stand set Saturday before last. .7 mi. from road to property line. Forgot tie off for the harness. Walked back to truck. Still plenty of time. 1.5 miles to stand, now 2.2 miles...

100 yds from stand set, deer everywhere, got busted going in. Climbed in, at daybreak turkeys fly off roosts, red fox chases hen, no deer.Three and a half hours later...10 am. 80 degrees, gotta' pee. Time to get down and head to new area to scout.

Walk away from tree 30-40 yds and begin to pee....deer start to blow standing "under" my stand.

Talk about being caught with your D--- in your hand....95 degrees for the high that day. Glad I didn't see anything, it would have been half cooked before getting it to the truck.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

I sometimes wonder why I go through all of the "work" of bowhunting. From a rational point of view it's a tremendous waste of time. I could be spending that time doing things more productive, i.e working overtime, being with the family. I don't know why I've spent so much money on my equipment when that money could have been spent on less selfish things for the good of the family. I'm serious when I say that I'm doubting my allegiance to deer hunting. Even though I have 41 acres of my own land, I'm still not satisfied with what that land has given me in terms of venison in the freezer. I'm real close to not taking this deer hunting thing as seriously as I have in the past and treating it more as a casual endeavorl. Also, this global warming crap has put a real damper on the last 2 seasons I've been afield.[&o]

This is the truth and is not meant to be sarcastic.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 PM

Yeah but Dan......isn't that how you feel pretty much every day??
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Yeah i got to my stand and realized that i forgot my seat for my stand.