Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe charged me

Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Doe charged me

I got out of my stand and was walking back to my truck when I saw four does feeding in a field at about 150 yards out. It was just dark enough that they couldn't make out what I was exactly. All of sudden I hear one of the does start to bleat.I looked closer and could see one of the does running right at me. She was running full speed at me until at about ten yards I yelled and waved my bow at her to stop her from running into. I'm assuming either she thought i was another deer and was just playing or if she was trying to scare off whatever she may have thought as threat to her littles. Anyone have this happen to them or any opinions.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Doe charged me

Anyone have this happen to them or any opinions.
Had a buck two days ago coming at me in the dark after I grunted at him. It's happened a few times before with other deer. My opinion? It scares the heck out of ya
Old 10-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive had deer approach me plenty of times in the same manner. This behavior is usually done by a very mature doe. She knew you were a threat and was going to stand her ground against you no matter what it took.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Bartender

AWW Heck she just wanted some PEANUT
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Ive had deer approach me plenty of times in the same manner. This behavior is usually done by a very mature doe. She knew you were a threat and was going to stand her ground against you no matter what it took.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well wouldnt you im so slaty....wait that aint right

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

AWW Heck she just wanted some PEANUT
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Haha, thats cute. She was probably playing. My friend, who walks with a severe limp due to muscular distrophy, was taken out by a doe. But, he wasnear their trail in the morning, heading to his stand. She ran right into him and kind of spun and flipped him. Then, he is in his stand, smoking a cigarette, drops the cigarette and the leaves at the bottom of the tree catch on fire. It wasnt his day !
Sorry but that little bit made my day even though its not really funny but it is.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why didn't he piss the fire out? Pissing from your stand is all the rage this year!

I've had this happen with bucks during the rut. They look right through you like they can't decide how they intend to beat the slop out of you. They usually walk slowly away eventually, looking somewhat confused.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: inkercg

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Haha, thats cute. She was probably playing. My friend, who walks with a severe limp due to muscular distrophy, was taken out by a doe. But, he wasnear their trail in the morning, heading to his stand. She ran right into him and kind of spun and flipped him. Then, he is in his stand, smoking a cigarette, drops the cigarette and the leaves at the bottom of the tree catch on fire. It wasnt his day !
Sorry but that little bit made my day even though its not really funny but it is.
Agreed. That one did make me laugh!!