Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Men, I need your help >

Men, I need your help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Men, I need your help

Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Men, I need your help

I was going crazy guys beating myself up for these bucks disapearring.. now I feel at least I may have a chance to get to the bottom of this...

GARY and ROB thank you..yes both very sound advice.. I am going to call the sherif..I know him well.. Politics though in a small logging town and these guys are FORESTERS>. get my drift..
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

All I need is a plane ticket shed, your last option I can help with. I loath people like them.

Would anything good come of contacting their employer? How about running a write up in the local newspaper belittling and condemning them for who they are? I'd stop at nothing to ruin them for this.
What are you going to do, chase them down with your hobble

Step click drag, step click drag If kickin the foot you're done. I guess you could grow the mullet back and put piles of hair gel in and blind them when you shook your head[8D]
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Farm bob thank you ..i have never heard of hunter harrassment..??? really there is such a thing.. dang.. I didnt know I had those grounds to stand on
Old 10-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

HERES THE FUNNY THING>>I HUNT Bout 70 acres total.. the land around me is free access and goes for miles in most directions..
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rethink putting out camera's though. If they know all your stand locations already you are surely going to put out the camera's with one of them watching you. I would be willing to be that they would steel them.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

Farm bob thank you ..i have never heard of hunter harrassment..??? really there is such a thing.. dang.. I didnt know I had those grounds to stand on
Yes sir. And it's taken VERY seriously here. In the Eastern part of NC (below VA's peta-ville) a few hunters were being harassed by them. The judge had them arressted for trespassing and harassment. A 50-B order was also issued against them (restraining order) and this particular judge said they could not come within one mile of the hunters.
Your trespasser's aren't peta of course, but the hunter harassment laws still apply.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you can get a restraining order on the guys. Seems like their a lot like stalkers or something. All over deer. Weird and a bit creepy IMO.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy,

Man, you showed some restraint not kicking that guy's ass right there!

I can sort of understand how people could bring themselves to trespass and hunt, but to deliberately
sabotage somebody else's hunting - that is just sick.

Like you said, these aren't just yahoos either, they are government employees and are all in on it.
What a bunch of scum.

I think the best thing is to press charges. This is too outrageous to let go with a warning.
A lot of states have different laws on trespassing. In some states if an area is not posted then
the people have to be warned first (of course that is for people who claim they didn't know they
were trespassing - a defense). Also, by pressing charges, you will have an easier time getting
the sheriff out there in the future and getting damages and injunctions.

I wouldn't be shocked if they are sick enough to read your posts for info, after all, they were willing to
spend the time to stake you out and ruin your hunting efforts.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

I would rethink putting out camera's though. If they know all your stand locations already you are surely going to put out the camera's with one of them watching you. I would be willing to be that they would steel them.
the access into my stands is over a mile walk.. these guys use these skid trails to access..I wouldnt place them at stands but more like up in a tree angling down over a road well above their line so sight.. totally camo'd just, that was my thoughts last night.. no I wont put them at my stands now..no way.. One other thing..now I may know where my DOUBLE BULL BLIND WENT .. hmmmm
Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Troy... I'd be so mad.... Inaturally have a short wick when it comes to hunting-related stuff, but this is so over-the-top... Whata bunch of pigs.

That totally sucks bro. You put the time in, and you have some worthless coat-tail rider is out there trying to eat your lunch. That'll leave a bad taste in your mouth everytime.

Honestly, the only real solutions are:
[ol][*]Explain to them personallythat you know what they're doing, and ask them to stop or face legal consequences. Make it very clear that you're willing to let it go as whiskey under the bridge, but will tolerate no further encroachment or trespass;[*]Call the local warden, explain to him what happened, and have him go have a "little talk" with them (and look for any poached heads); or[*]Drag them through the legalcoals without warning(for tortious/criminal interference with a hunt, trespass).[/ol]
The cheapest and simplest alternative is to do #'s 1 or 2.

I mean, you could throw a few shingles full of roofing nails in their favorite parking spots, or just whale somebody's teeth out, but that's just asking for an escalation or a lawsuit.

I'm sure these people are bottom-feeders, so you don't want to do anything togive them a valid cause of action.

I'd also refrain from posting anything material about your hunting activites online anymore.

Dude, I know we've talked about this before - but I've lost all faith in the hunting public. All of it. I've seen enough out of people to realize that some of them aren't worth the air they breathe. Scumbags of the highest order. They'd cut their own sister's throat for a big deer. Honest to god they would.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.