Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Men, I need your help >

Men, I need your help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Men, I need your help

Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Men, I need your help

Last night, caught a tresspasser. (he said he had permission, my landowner said not during hunting season)After much talk I got a ton of info out of this guy as I told him I should callthe sheriff and definately calling the land owner as he was suppose to be friends.....if he didnt tell me what the heck was going on.

Come to find out2 men possibly three/both working as foresters (he told mewas a forester, then my land owner later toldthe guy that the tresspasser implicated wasin there walking around taking photos... was also aforester as well)they live near a piece of ground I hunt have been purposely patterning me from the conversation I got...and going to extremes to push a couple "MASSIVE bucks" as he stated "he(the guy he implicated)has pictures of ... away from my stands!

He even knew everyone of my stand locations. These two guys are STATE FORESTERS from what he told me and my landownerconfirmed..and live right on the bordering properties.. or close by..I get the feeling they do not like that I a bowhunter have taken some great bucks from this area and they in the past had access but dont now as of like 03....(my gut feeling)The guy I caught told me a lot I thinkonce he realized I was turning him in to the landowner no matter what.. He does have a lot to lose imo..with his work and such.. and as a so called/friend neighbor.. I did find it strange he threw the other guy under the bus...

So I got right down to my land owners house and tell them. They are very upset as these same people obviously lie to thier face.

You know at first I thought maybe its been the weather but when the weather changed and my frequency was MINIMAL and nothing was moving.. I got suspicious real fast.. I made three comments last week about this to my land owner.. Something is going on in here.. I DOnt cut corners in there...

Sure enough this explains ....

OBTW..the guys was JOGGING sweating it up last night as he ran right through a clearcut (food source destination) At 5.30 pm during hunting season..when the land is CLEARLY POSTED>>> hmmmm wonder why ole 4x5 or old grey buck havent shown their face..

I am also afraid that the oneguy whom shot the photos of the "MASSIVE BUCKs"may or couldhave already poached something in there but I have no proof.. I found a gut pile over the OFF WEEK.. due to the ravens and hes not a bowhunter..

How can I legally get after these guys.. doing it right I dont want fights even though I could stomp a mud hole in these guys..they would just sue me.. I need to do this right....

you know what, they are probably reading this post..
Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Men, I need your help

I know you made a deal with this guy.....but based on his actions...and the actions he described....you made no such "deal" with the others.

I'd tell him he needs to roll on the other guys.....or you can turn him in, still.

I hate this for you.....but I hate trespassers, more....ESPECIALLY those with unsavory agendas.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Right now sounds like your only recourse is to file charges for trespassing.. Well, the landowners have to do it..

Or if you have a written lease; you could do it.

Like some others do, if you have access to infared trail cameras, place them in spots where you know they are coming in.. Proof of trespassing or, by chance, catch them on film doing something more drastic...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother is here today. We are going to have a meeting with Fish and Game tomorrow..

OH I Need to add. This guy keeps track of my landowners ..when he is gone on vaction..where he is logging etc.. for example my landowner is 150 miles away on a job right now.. last night his wife and I had to take care of this... the guy I caught slipped and said.. OH you cant call **** right now he isnt home.. hes in the (exact location working) ... piece of chit if you ask me..

these are educated men.. conspiring together imo they all work in the same office..
Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like he pretty much confessed to hunter harassement.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bob H in NH

Sounds like he pretty much confessed to hunter harassement.
My same thoughts. I'd press all legal charges I could.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Javabird17

Right now sounds like your only recourse is to file charges for trespassing.. Well, the landowners have to do it..

Or if you have a written lease; you could do it.

Like some others do, if you have access to infared trail cameras, place them in spots where you know they are coming in.. Proof of trespassing or, by chance, catch them on film doing something more drastic...

yes exactly.. I thought about asking my landowner if we should set up a written lease so I can file charges..my landowner is one of my best friends..he never would ask me for $ to hunt his land but he also hates confrontation and HAD me hunt here to keep people out, He knows confrontation doest bother me like it does him..so in a sense I care-take or watch over his lands.. he works so much hes never home..

yes I told the guy last night..infared cameras are in place ...as of this weekend.

thanks for the info
Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think its time team Chaos and XX band together and make a trip to Idaho.

Troy do you know anyone in law enforment in the area? If so I would take him with you and contront these guys. I would call DNR and go talk to these guys.

We had guys floating the river, I contacted local DNR and we went and talk to them. Now they hate my guts, but they stop floating the river.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

All I need is a plane ticket shed, your last option I can help with. I loath people like them.

Would anything good come of contacting their employer? How about running a write up in the local newspaper belittling and condemning them for who they are? I'd stop at nothing to ruin them for this.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I know you made a deal with this guy.....but based on his actions...and the actions he described....you made no such "deal" with the others.

I'd tell him he needs to roll on the other guys.....or you can turn him in, still.

I hate this for you.....but I hate trespassers, more....ESPECIALLY those with unsavory agendas.

Good luck.
Jeff, exactly, I went to my land owners last night after my confrontation with the guy... She called (husband is working away) and told him..to PASS ON THIS INFO..NO TRESSPASING FOR ANY REASON .. I hope he passes it on..he will they work in the same building.. OUR FINE STATE EMPLOYEES>> oh wait I am a state employee too! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.