Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!! >

I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Pretty dam good
Old 10-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was watching an instructional video and they said to do just what he's doing in the picture - wrap your pointer and thumb around the bow and leave the other fingers out. the video said that is more repeatable then having all fingers out. He said you sometimes tighten your fingers when all are out. Here I am trying to switch to doing it that way and you guys are saying not to.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It looks like you're leaning into the string a little......And yes, your release arm is too high. I'm not sure, but your DL may actually be a tad too short....

Relax the fingers on your bow hand. They should curl naturally alongside the grip. I think you also need to lock your bow shoulder down, it looks all tensed up and collapsed...I would also relax the fingers of your release hand as well.
Hey mobow, I see what you mean about leaning into the string. I may be slightly. However, I was shooting a 28.5 inch draw up until about a month ago and after shooting for a little while Ibegan creeping off the back wall before the shot. I'm sure alot of it was due to fatique, but I haven't had the problem since I switched to the 28" DL. I shoot a scott little goose release. I currently have the length adjustment on the release in the middle hole. Do you guys think it would help to adjust the length of the release out to the last setting. Just a thought....
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

I like the shorter draw too for the same reason, less chance of creeping off that back wall. It feels better to me. I'm shooting 29" and I used to shoot 29.5".

GOHERD, I'll be visitiing your area come NOV. I got to come up and go for that big IL buck one more time. Sorry I'm jumping into your 'resident' party. I paid dearly for it though! Good hunting to you!!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

I thought your release arm is a little too high,should be in a straight line,also your bow arm looks like the elbow is locked and the wrist is high and forward on the bow.try a lower wrist and relax your bow hand a little.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM

yeah it looks about 1/2" too short and your anchor point is 1/2" too high....it looks like you feet stance is not perfect....your not pinchin those back muscles and locking the sholders.....i would say you are 8.5/10 correct on your form.....lookin good
Old 10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I realized I could use some improvements. After looking at the pics myself I also thought that my release arm was too high. I realize a DL increase would bring my arm down some. However, as I mentioned earlier I was shooting a 28.5" draw about a month ago and I couldn't stay on the back wall after a few shots. The bow wanted to "creep" on mebefore I loosed the arrow. After changing to 28" DL that problem has been resolved. For you guys saying that my DL may be to short. Do you have any Ideas why I was creeping at 28.5 and it's now fixed at 28". Is my DL really to short? As some of you know I just purchased this bow earlier this summer. It is the first Binary cam bow I have owned. I have always shot a single cam bow. Could me being used to shooting a single cam bow cause me to creep off the back wall when switching to these more aggressive binary cams. I don't know just thinking out loud...... I love this bow and am already more consistant and accurate with it than any other bow I have ever owned.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

your anchor point is 1/2" too high....
mus stang I think you may be on to something here. I havealsopondered this. After coming to full draw I feel myself reacing for my anchor position. Could you or someone elaborate more on the idea of my anchor being to high. Should I drop my release hand a little. If so I would need to raise my peep sight correct??? I believe if I made this adjustment the whole draw and anchor process would feel more natural.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 AM

I guess the big question is how are you shooting and your grooups?

I would agree with the above comments. I was having some problems with grouping and went to the archery shop. I had them look at my stance and found that I my grip was similar to yours,also my wrist sling was to tight. After convincing me that the bow would not jump out of my hand, I now shoot with a totally open grip. Then my dealer said that he would never recommend the use of a wrist sling unless it was loose enough that you can almost get another hand in it. His theory is the only purpose for it is so you don't drop it out of your tree stand and ever since I have not used it at all (personal preference) but my groups have dramatically increased.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: firelt23

I guess the big question is how are you shooting and your grooups?

I would agree with the above comments. I was having some problems with grouping and went to the archery shop. I had them look at my stance and found that I my grip was similar to yours,also my wrist sling was to tight. After convincing me that the bow would not jump out of my hand, I now shoot with a totally open grip. Then my dealer said that he would never recommend the use of a wrist sling unless it was loose enough that you can almost get another hand in it. His theory is the only purpose for it is so you don't drop it out of your tree stand and ever since I have not used it at all (personal preference) but my groups have dramatically increased.

My groups are pretty good. However, I feel as though they can always be improved on. That's why I posted this thread. As far as the wrist sling goes its as loose as it will go. And to be honest you prob. can fit two hands in it. Not sure why it looks tight in the pic. It def. isn't tight.