Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand fun

Old 10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Treestand fun

Ok I've rifle hunted for years and shot a few deer. Well this year I bought a compound bow and a treestand. I've near hunted out of a treestand before, or bow hunted untill this year. well tonight I'm in my stand and a spike horn buck walksup to about 15 yards from me. I didn't shoot it, but I've never watch a buck for 10 mins. before. what a rush. I just can't wait untill the big onesteps out now.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Treestand fun

Welcome to the addiction. I feel you get to experience a heck of a lot more in bowhunting then you do in rifle. Deer are more natural etc..at least in PA...they are not running for "dear" life from the orange army behind every tree.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome!! Bowhunting is just a totally different expierence.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

The only deer I've killed was a spike buck with a bow at 12yds. I carried my shotgun with slugs last Sunday and watched a doe and two yearlings eat for almost an hour 35yds from another stand. I had the shotgun because I didn't feel my bow was sighted in good enough at 35 more yds to make a clean kill. I passed on the doe then because I just didn't feel like shooting her.Earlier today I sighted in my bow for that stand in particular. If she'd stepped out tonight I may have taken her. I think just being within yards of them is as much a rush as shooting one.