Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last minute bowhunters >

Last minute bowhunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last minute bowhunters

Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Last minute bowhunters

Guys, all these stories are why I believe there needs to be a "proficiency test" to get a bow license. If you can't hit an 6" circle at 20 yards 5 out of 5 arrows, you don't qualify for a license. That would prevent most of these people from being able to legally bowhunt.

I work with a guy that took a grand total of 5 practice shots last year before the season. He missed his deer, of course. This year he says that he's not going to even bother practicing because it doesn't do any good anyways!! [:@]
Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Last minute bowhunters

Tell you what guys I am sure I got some looks last week at my pro shop. First let me say that I pretty much shoot a couple times a week throughtout the year. Anyway my serving had begin to seperate at my nocking point, On Thursday and season started Sat.!!!!. and I was due for a new string anyway. So I said just put a new string on and I'll shoot the heck out of it Fri. and Sat. Morning. and maybe be able to hunt Sat. evening. anyway got it back on Fri. about lunch time. shot it and had it almost back to where it was before then I noticed the string fibers were seperating at the top cam when at full draw. (didn't have enough twists.) SO SATURDAY morning I bring my bow back to the pro shop. and ask if I can use his bow press. I am sure I looked like one of those guys we are talking about, bringing my bow into the shop on opening morning. anywya I got it sited in by lunchtime and was hunting by 4. just saw some does though.