Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer at dusk

Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer at dusk

so deer eat at dusk? and sleep during the day and eat at dawn right? so it would be wise to be at their eating sight at dusk right?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Default RE: Deer at dusk

it all depends on hunting pressure..........how hard your patch of woods are hunted.
if hunted alot .....alot of human presence the deer will become nocturnal and feed at night.this is why early bow season is better (other than the rut).also early season typically the afternoon hunts are more sucessfull.deer bed during the day and move before dusk to feed. every place is different.where i hunt the deer feed at night due to the high pressure from hunters and others in the woods...so i need to catch them in the morning going to theie bed or afternoons going to there feeding spots. what i try and do is put out some food for afternoon hunts and hope they will stop long enough to get a shot.
when the rut comes.the bucks have 1 thing on their mind....mating........all bets are off......yo may see deer morning noon or night.makes things interesting huh!!.
g/l this season keep us posted

otto
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM

oh i forgot to mention..........scouting and spending hours in the woods before the season starts plays a big role in your success. learn what the deer are doing.

otto
Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

so if would be great to lookg for their bedding areas right in the afternoon? and feeding at dusk
Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 PM

+1 on the scouting. this is the first year ive spend ALOT of time midday on the weekends scouting and ive seen more bucks allready then i ever have
Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

ok like i've killed2 does by the little pond in the mornings about a year ago and where the acorns are it looks like there is alot of activity but i just dont know when