Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the " Dusk Devil" ?

Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default the " Dusk Devil" ?

Hello Everyone,
I am looking to switch to a multi-pin sight for the first time.
I want to shoot local 3-D tourney' s and play by the rules.
I am quite used to my Impact " Cosmic" , but do not feel comfortable not being able to adjust it for different yardages. Therefore a multi-pin sight is going to be required. Their " devil' s tail" aiming concept seems cool.
Since I only care to shoot " HC" , a four pin is all that is necessary and this one from Montana really sounds good.
Has anyone seen this or held it in their hands...does it seem solid, bright,...basically, worth the money?

Any opinions are truly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 PM

Default RE: the " Dusk Devil" ?

I looked at one the other day when I was at a pro shop. It was on the shop owners wifes' bow. To me that is a nice endorsement. It was definitely bright. I was looking at it in a semi dim basement and I was impressed. It is one of a few sights I' m considering for my new bow. I didn' t really look at the solidness of the sight, but Montana Black Gold has a good reputation I think.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

thanks IDktm,
I am going to try to find one to hold in my hands to fully investigate the design.
I am " crossing over" from vertical to horizontal and want to be sure!
Old 05-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Now I am having second thoughts,...I think I will stay with the Cosmic!~
Old 05-30-2003, 01:21 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I' m going to get one. I have a Montana Black Gold sight now and I love it but from the reviews I have seen the Dusk Devil is really something. Just about got one cheap on ebay last week but lost out at the last minute. My present sight has never needed adjusting once sighted in, is very durable, a great product. I think I will get the three pin model with the bigger pins and then order one micro pin for 50 yards. Should have the best of both worlds that way. I' ll let you know after I get one and use it.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Spike

Default I got one...

...but, I returned it. The pins are very thin and will allow you to place a small dot on the target, but they are so razor thin - I have major concerns in using these pins in very cold weather. You can bend them very easy by putting light pressure on them. Again - the sight is all that is advertised (including the star design - on the micro pins), but the durability is a major question for this hunt. I currently use the Montana Gold Q-22 sight, so it' s not that I don' t like Montana Gold sights.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:51 PM

I did buy one, the micro, for my new bow when I got it. I really like it so far. It seems solid to me and the brightness is great. The only feature that has me at all concerned is the 3rd axis adjustment. The way I have the site right now I can' t get to one of the set screws on the 3rd axis without removing the pin block. Once its set perfect though it won' t be somnething I should need to ever adjust though.