Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!! >

Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I thought you had to be 18 to sign out of school with out a signature from a parent or guardian?

Hopefully he sees the error in his ways and reconsiders.... Sorry to hear Don.

I know that young a guardian has to sign him out.

Yeah, I've been searching for the last hour or so, and I can't find a definitive answer to that. I emailed the school principle, I expect a response from him tomorrow.

I chewed his arse pretty hard, but I'll give him this much.....He stood his ground. I can respect that, but his reason just positively KILLS me....."I just don't want to." Wow, he really thought that one out, huh?? [&o]
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM

When I was in high school, if you didn't go and you were under 18 years old, you are considered truent and it's against the law. I'm not sure what happens to you but he definately doesn't have the legal authority to drop out of school yet.

How you guys get things figured out.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sorry to hear that Don. Hopefully your wisdom will be the final word in the end.

Now as far as the forum, let's all remember that this is not my forum. I share this forum with many, many mods which whom I respect. I just seem to be here an awful lot because of my injury. I'm getting out tho, today I spent from about 11:00 to 6:00 wiring my garage for electricity.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:22 PM

You're right, Rob.....and I appreciate every one of them. Didn't mean any disrespect toward them,I just knew you were online at the time I posted.....
Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 PM

you cant let him quit because he wants to,if he does this everytime he gets mad or whatever from know on hes just gonna say i quit wheres that gonna get hin?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

positively KILLS me....."I just don't want to." Wow, he really thought that one out, huh?? [&o]
Believe me there's more to it than that............... A girl?

And don't lose it yet .........believe me...........
Old 09-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like ou and mom need to join forces and present a unified front. All too often, one (1) parent wants to be the child's friend and becomes a little lax in areas of discipline. I'm not implying that's your situation, but I think it's time for some face to face intervention with mom. Of course he's going to stand his ground, he's 16 and knows everything about the world he wants to step into. Good luck with your situation. By the way, I believe this to be the appropriate place for this topic. It puts everyone's season into perspective.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my case as long as she moved out she was emancipated and being 16 she was allowed too.At 18 your a adult then you have all the responsabilities that go with it.That was eight yrs ago things might be differant now as far as school goes....but doubt it....
Old 09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

mobo, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the principal will get back to you with some good news. Also, maybe when you calm down and talk to him again you can reason with him enough to convince him that what he is doing is a terrible mistake.

Good luck.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

positively KILLS me....."I just don't want to." Wow, he really thought that one out, huh?? [&o]
Believe me there's more to it than that............... A girl?

And don't lose it yet .........believe me...........
Girl? No. But I do believe there's more to it....I'm not going to get into it all, but let's just say his mom has a major roll in this, though he doesn't really see it yet....

I lost it a little, but I'll call him back, apologize, and tell him I love him anyway....

Quick Reply: Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.