Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!! >

Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

I know, I'm going against the rules again, but ya'll are my friends.....Rob, if you have to move it, please do so w/ my apologies.....
Yeah, so my 16 y/o son calls me a little while ago. He lives with his mom....anyway......He turned 16 last month, and today he took his driver's test and passed! I'm proud of him for that, but then he calls to tell me that he will now be dropping out of school!!!! Suffice it to say the long arm of the law was the only thing standing between us......I'm so hurt and mad right now, I don't know even know how to act....
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

I thought you had to be 18 to sign out of school with out a signature from a parent or guardian?

Hopefully he sees the error in his ways and reconsiders.... Sorry to hear Don.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey good luck with that Don, hope you get it resolved, education is everything, my fingers are crossed for you.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

PM me I will give you a number to call.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ask him what he plans to do now, you could get a juv pickup order forhiman let the judge tell him that he will go to school if it gets to bad.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been there except it was my daughter,she also moved out and when her mom found out that I was taking her to court to end child suport she got my daughter to move back in so she could get the suport check ,she finaly did get a G.E.D but she was 20 when she did it,she was also living with her mom when that all went down.
Nontypical Buck

I would sit down and help him figure out a budget. It might be a good idea to help himfind a jobthat he qualifies forafter he knows what he needs to survive. It may just be an eye opener for him.......
Giant Nontypical

ouch man...thats no good.

i had to talk a friend out of dropping out. many times. i cant recall if he graduated..i know i kept him in there a while if he didnt. told him he made it this long...why quit now?? pretty hard to make anything of life without ATLEAST a highschool diploma...

good luck with him...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

He'll come around. I can sympathize a little here, but I've also been blessed with good grades. For that, I'm thankful. Mobow, honestly, if you get upset with him, and give him a good butt chewin', and revoke some privelages, he's probably not going to respond very well. Make him support his self with gas, insurance, food, car payment, etc. and see how that turns out. I have honestly never thought about dropping out because of I've seen what the rest of the people's lifes are like 20 years later. For example, my dad, who I rarely ever get to talk to now. It will DEFINATELY make the rest of his life harder. In today's society, it's really hard to make "good" money if you didn't go to school. Some people get really lucky and find awesome jobs with just a High School diploma, but they are becomming a rarity. Hope this helps, not that you are going to listen to another 16 yr old though...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I thought you had to be 18 to sign out of school with out a signature from a parent or guardian?

Hopefully he sees the error in his ways and reconsiders.... Sorry to hear Don.
Yeah, I've been searching for the last hour or so, and I can't find a definitive answer to that. I emailed the school principle, I expect a response from him tomorrow.

I chewed his arse pretty hard, but I'll give him this much.....He stood his ground. I can respect that, but his reason just positively KILLS me....."I just don't want to." Wow, he really thought that one out, huh?? [&o]

Quick Reply: Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.