Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Apply Within.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Apply Within.

im Currently on the market for a new hunting partner. Has to be strong, dependable.... scratch that NOT gonna leave you sitting on your front porch waiting for them to show up and then call you to tell you they have a runny nose...[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]..... My friend left me standing on my front porch today waiting man Good friends are hard to come by anymore.

Ryan.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Apply Within.

I don't have a hunting buddy I can count on either. I do almost everything solo.... Set my stands, cut my shooting lanes, all myscoutingetc. But I do get a lot of phone calls once the season nears . My policy the past couple years has been no help from them.... No hunt. Bunch of freeloaders...... I can't understand how any hunter would rather sit at home watching TV or whateverthan get out there in the woods????

The only person who doesn't help me in the pre / post season who I let hunt with me anyhow is my brother, he is real busy in the spring / summer traveling all over the place fishing bass circuits.

Thinking back this year I have helped put up 3 other guys stands and cut shooting lanes on two setups and have not had any help again this year...... It's not that I need help, it just irritates me when I get the phone calls that I know are coming once the season opens.

[/align]
Old 09-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

These guys don't enjoy hunting like you do. Their actions speak louder than their words. If that's who they are, then make a choice, either stick with them or find somebody else to hunt with. I had a life long hunting friend that I dumped in 2000 and it was the best thing I ever did. Ever since, I have beenhunting with 4 guys that I knewin High School some 20 plus years ago. We have a blast and they are all dedicated hunters.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:09 AM

yes is hard to find the kind of dedication needed to hunt ,not just kill ,i have been dealing with the same thing cant even get them go site in the guns because of some thing ?????? but day be for gun season they want to go shoot one or two shots to see where they are hitting (and go to the spot you hunt not the range[:@] )
Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I don't have a hunting buddy I can count on either. I do almost everything solo.... Set my stands, cut my shooting lanes, all myscoutingetc. But I do get a lot of phone calls once the season nears . My policy the past couple years has been no help from them.... No hunt. Bunch of freeloaders...... I can't understand how any hunter would rather sit at home watching TV or whateverthan get out there in the woods????

The only person who doesn't help me in the pre / post season who I let hunt with me anyhow is my brother, he is real busy in the spring / summer traveling all over the place fishing bass circuits.

Thinking back this year I have helped put up 3 other guys stands and cut shooting lanes on two setups and have not had any help again this year...... It's not that I need help, it just irritates me when I get the phone calls that I know are coming once the season opens.

[/align]
If only there was someone a half hour away, who would be available to help you 24/7/365..someone who's interest in deer extends beyond the month and a half prior to the gun opener...someone who shared the desire to only harvest mature deer when they are available..someone who could shut the hell up, about a killer spot in the middle of suberbia....but WHO,...WHO could you find??
Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess that's the way it goes ,I have a good friend who I hunt with ,but alot of time
s he's busy and it's a long way for him to drive to gedt here ,so i just go ahead and do it myself . i enjoy his company ,and i also feel good getting him out in the wood's with me ,so I guess it's the price you have to pay .
I don't really mind doing thing's myself ,because then I can do it the way I want without any arguement over whether this stand is in the right spot or not .

nubo