Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To mount, or not to mount? >

To mount, or not to mount?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To mount, or not to mount?

Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM

Default RE: To mount, or not to mount?

I have plenty of horns around but none are mounted i was never a bone hunter before just after the meat. but that has changed and i am after the one to mountand will mount.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

I won't shoot a buck unless it is worth the $300-450 to get it mounted. I can shoot a doe instead of a small buck.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't get a shoulder mount unless I shoot a booner. Then you have to don't you?My office at home is too small and the wifey won't let me hang it in the rest of the house. I got a texas mount done 2 years ago, that turned out really cool!
Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM

So what it appears to me is that people won't shoot a buck unless they would mount it??? REALLY??? I mean, is that buck that important?

I don't say that in a negative fashion at all.....I'm just interested. I don't get it.....I'm not saying ya'll are wrong, I just don't get it. I see a buck walk past, and I don't ask myself if I would mount it or not....And if the answer WAS no, I would still shoot it.....
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

I either put it on the wall or shoot a doe. I getno rush out of shooting small bucks............ I only have two on the wall in 19 years of hunting. Both are since 2004.........So its not like they come easy around here.