Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who has a doe mount? >

Who has a doe mount?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has a doe mount?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Who has a doe mount?

With my season approaching.......my goal is doe management. I'm thinking I'm still going to have a very rewarding season.....and to commemorate it.....I was thinking of having a doe mount done to accompany last year's buck on my wall.

If you have photos of does you've had mounted....please post.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has a doe mount?

My uncle has a full body mount of a bedded doe he killed... Looks awesome. Its a piebald doe, thats the reason he mounted it...

I'll try to get a pic of it the next time I'm at his house
Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have one mounted but I did get a hide tanned to hang on my sons bedroomwall.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on adding one within the next couple seasons or so. I personally think they make a great addition to a trophy room. I'm looking specifically for a large mature early season Doewith abeautiful short haired cape. I would love her mounted on a wall pedastal form as well. Something like this is what I had in mind....

Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally don't have a mounted doe, but my neihbor does. At first I didn't know what to think of the idea....until I seen it. He has her mounted right next to a buck he shot, and it looks great.

I think it might be hard to pull off without many other mounts on the wall....a doe may look kinda wierd by itself. But since you have a buck from last year, your turkey coming, and hopefully another buck this year, (as well as other mounts you may have I don't know about) I think it will look good when placed together or in the same room.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Buck and Doe mount looks great paired up together

Old 06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the first doe mounted I ever shot, I used to have my first buck and first doe one on each side of the fireplace. Now its just in my trophy room seeing my EX owns the fireplace..... Walt
Old 06-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy of mine has one. It's a big doe but other than that, there's no other distinctive features about it. Just something you always gotta laugh at when you see it. He does keep a Santa Claus hat on it's head just to make her shinea little bit.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy that mounted a doe for his daughter as her first deer.

I also knew a woman who's first duck was a hen mallard and she mounted it and put it in her office. We had a lot of fun with that one.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, I have one mounted at Extreme (bow shop) in K-ville. Go check it out. I have pics somewhere but not at work.

Quick Reply: Who has a doe mount?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.