Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Divorce&hunting? >

Divorce&hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Divorce&hunting?

Old 09-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default Divorce&hunting?

I was just wondering if any of you have ever had been fired up about an upcoming hunting season,then have it all destroyed with something like a divorce or worse yet a untimely death.I know it sounds morbid but this is what just happened to me,my wife left my daughter and me this week and served me with divorce papers.I haven't felt this low for a season opener since 911,and my stepfathers passing away two summers ago.I hope this all passes soon.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Divorce&hunting?

Bright side you have your daughter.
May ex pay you alimony.
Plenty of fish in the sea.

Bad side
Hand check for awhile
Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, that will put a damper on things. Sorry to hear about that man. Hope things work out for the best. Good luck to you and the rest of your family.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is right. Make her (or keep her) your #1 priority. And keep hunting a close 2nd. If she is willing to pick up and leave her daughter...then it doesn't say much for her. I believe it has to hurt now, but may be better in the long run. Keep your head up and good luck.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh man... I've never dealt with a divorce before, and I hope I never have to... I'm sorry about your wife and stepfather...

I remember when I was 12, I was just getting back from vacation at my families beach house. Alot of my family was there, my great aunt anne, my great uncle jimmy (who I was really close to), both of my grandparents, uncle bill, and a few others. Anyway,6 days after we got back from that vacation, I was scheduled for a deer hunt in the Appalachian Mountains. What I didn't know was, my uncle jimmy had a heart attack the day that we left for home. He was in the hospital and died the night before I left for the hunt. My parents didn't tell me because they didn't want to ruin my hunt. After I got back, my parents dropped the bomb on me. I was devastated... I couldnt get over it for about a month. Not that I'm necesserily "over it," it''ll haunt me for the rest of my life. Also, when I was 5 my Uncle Mike passed from cancer... I loved my uncle mike more than anything... I was over at his house everyday. And my uncle jack passed when I was 8. I was crushed over that as well. I visit each of their graves atleast once a month; I try to make it twice if i can.

I hope that everything goes well for you in the future, drstalker. If nothing else, you still have your daughter. IMO, nothing should come between you and your children. Again, I'm sorry for your losses.

Chris
Old 09-08-2007, 07:51 AM

I'm very sorry man, that really stinks. I'll be praying for ya'll....
Old 09-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am very sorry also! Best Wishes to you in dealing with all the things that you will be dealing with.Give your daughter all the attention you can because she is going to need all the stability and love you can muster.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

[ul][*]
ORIGINAL: zubba

That is right. Make her (or keep her) your #1 priority. And keep hunting a close 2nd. If she is willing to pick up and leave her daughter...then it doesn't say much for her. I believe it has to hurt now, but may be better in the long run. Keep your head up and good luck.
I should have clarified,she's not her biological daughter,I treated her daughter as my own and loved her very much,on the other hand my daughters(the oldest one shepretty much ran off)and her didn't get along to well.Thank's for the kind words guys,I am crushed and hope to get over this sometime soon.My two biological daughters mother left them and me when they where very young and realy hurt,this isn't the same but it makes me feel like I will not ever marry again.I sure know how to pick em[&o][/ul]
Old 09-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

Take care man and remember, women are like busses, there is one on every corner. This time around do like I did for my 2nd marriage, get a hot 15 year younger one than you are. Remember men don't get old, we get distinguished. Women have a shelf life and men don't.

Edit: Ladies, hate the game but don't hate the player.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 AM

Sorry to hear about this bud, but like was mentioned before, she isn't much of a woman to think about when she just up & leaves her daughter behind like that.

I've been Divorced before & like other bad situations this'll pass, just make sure that your lil one knows that she is your top priority & that you will never leave her & keep your passion a good second.

Keep your head up my friend you are not alone...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.