HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Divorce&hunting?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Chris_H
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Divorce&hunting?

oh man... I've never dealt with a divorce before, and I hope I never have to... I'm sorry about your wife and stepfather...

I remember when I was 12, I was just getting back from vacation at my families beach house. Alot of my family was there, my great aunt anne, my great uncle jimmy (who I was really close to), both of my grandparents, uncle bill, and a few others. Anyway,6 days after we got back from that vacation, I was scheduled for a deer hunt in the Appalachian Mountains. What I didn't know was, my uncle jimmy had a heart attack the day that we left for home. He was in the hospital and died the night before I left for the hunt. My parents didn't tell me because they didn't want to ruin my hunt. After I got back, my parents dropped the bomb on me. I was devastated... I couldnt get over it for about a month. Not that I'm necesserily "over it," it''ll haunt me for the rest of my life. Also, when I was 5 my Uncle Mike passed from cancer... I loved my uncle mike more than anything... I was over at his house everyday. And my uncle jack passed when I was 8. I was crushed over that as well. I visit each of their graves atleast once a month; I try to make it twice if i can.

I hope that everything goes well for you in the future, drstalker. If nothing else, you still have your daughter. IMO, nothing should come between you and your children. Again, I'm sorry for your losses.

Chris