Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Divorce&hunting? >

Divorce&hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Divorce&hunting?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Divorce&hunting?

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Take care man and remember, women are like busses, there is one on every corner. This time around do like I did for my 2nd marriage, get a hot 15 year younger one than you are. Remember men don't get old, we get distinguished. Women have a shelf life and men don't.

Edit: Ladies, hate the game but don't hate the player.
Yeah I know what ya mean HCH,my first wife was almost ten years older,and the second ten years younger.I think where I went wrong on both accounts is getting involved with two needy women.I was always a sap for tears..
Old 09-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that has to hurt. I personally would go see a counselor to get your feelings on the table and it will help to talk to a rational person. Go take care of yourself and your daughter. You will make it out of this, even though it seems tough. Hang in there brother.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Chin up, it's not the end of the world and sometimes it works out for the better. You won't know it until that happens but don't let that get your hunting season down. The old saying, everything happens for a reason is so true and the next page of your life hasn't been read yet but it very well might be a great read!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last season I was seperated from my wife (at the time). Other then the occasional, man life sucks, I had alot of time to go out with helpful buddies and chase after animals to "get my mind off of things." I got to deer and duck hunt alot. Had time to do food plots and shoot my bow. As far as hunting goes, it wasn't too bad. As far as the rest of life I hope no one has to ever experience anything like it.

Sorry for ya, but try to get out in the woods some, it's naturally theraputic.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Well its been8 years now, but the day before opener, I go to work, all is good. I come home to a half empty house! She is gone, and takes the youngin!! I was miserable for a good year!!!! I wasn't married, but we were together for 9 years, and talking about marriage! It's a shock, but it will get better!! Right now, I couldn't be happier!!

Keep your chin up!!

Just make sure to remember, now, it's all about your daughter!!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:53 AM

That's a horrible thing, but unfortunately all too common. But atleast you've got your daughter, hold on to her, she'll need you now more than ever. You're old enough to know how to deal with this, but she may not be (not sure on the age). The most important thing is to get her thru this even if it means no hunting. If she's old enough, and wants to, take her with you. It's quality time together etc. Might not harvest a deer, but might gain in other aspects of your life. Good luck and you've always got the support of fellow sportsmen.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Well I'm actually finishing up a divorce thanks to the wife goin a little mental...well...alot. but anyways after the torment I've gone through from her, I'm wired for the upcoming season...and w/o her that meansI can hunt allI want to!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

drstalker, I know it feels bad right now but it will pass trust me, My first wife left me for my best friend because I was gone hunting all the time. You know what that got me?? The best woman a hunter could find I don't even have to ask to go hunting or fishing!! And the best thing that came out of it was my daughter and I are closer than most fathers and she hunts and fly fish's with the best of them!! She started going out with me when she was 6 years old and now at 21 as she was graduating from collage she ask for a new bow!! What a kid!! Hang in there it will get brighter I promice!! Walt
Old 09-08-2007, 02:09 PM

drstalker, that plain sucks and I agree with what many others have said. But the bottom line is that it happened and if there's no resolving things with her and/or it would be pointless, you have to grieve now and move on later and embrace new opportunities. I have never been in your shoes but I did once go away to college far away from home and have my dad die of a heart attack after just a few weeks there when he was 48. I'll never forget the phonecall and I'll never forget moving back home after a few weeks of independent bliss and how much the next year sucked. But I eventually headed out a to a different school, a different place and met my wife. Some nights, I lie awake thinking, I miss my Dad terribly but I wonder what would have happened if things turned out the way they did. I would never have met my wife and had the family I do, etc. So I am thankful for what I have and push forward. I am sure the same will happen for you. You need to be there for your daughter this year and just make sure you be pissed off, sad, mad, whatever and let the emotions out. Hunting may suffer this year. But know that after you get back on track, that things will get a whole lot better and you will have opportunities to be happy or even happier once again. Perhaps with someone 15 years younger as hardcorehunter says.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

The Christian comedian Mark Lowery has said that his favorite scripture verse is "And it came to pass..."

I hope that the pain, struggle, and shock will soon come to pass. I'll keep you in my prayers.

If you aren't a part of a strong loving church, you might want to find one. They can help you put things back in perspective and show you a lot of love in the meantime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.