HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Divorce&hunting?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:09 PM
chucker34

Default RE: Divorce&hunting?

drstalker, that plain sucks and I agree with what many others have said. But the bottom line is that it happened and if there's no resolving things with her and/or it would be pointless, you have to grieve now and move on later and embrace new opportunities. I have never been in your shoes but I did once go away to college far away from home and have my dad die of a heart attack after just a few weeks there when he was 48. I'll never forget the phonecall and I'll never forget moving back home after a few weeks of independent bliss and how much the next year sucked. But I eventually headed out a to a different school, a different place and met my wife. Some nights, I lie awake thinking, I miss my Dad terribly but I wonder what would have happened if things turned out the way they did. I would never have met my wife and had the family I do, etc. So I am thankful for what I have and push forward. I am sure the same will happen for you. You need to be there for your daughter this year and just make sure you be pissed off, sad, mad, whatever and let the emotions out. Hunting may suffer this year. But know that after you get back on track, that things will get a whole lot better and you will have opportunities to be happy or even happier once again. Perhaps with someone 15 years younger as hardcorehunter says.