Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how long do you keep a bow? >

how long do you keep a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how long do you keep a bow?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how long do you keep a bow?

I had (still have) my Barnsdale bow for about 14 years, then I bought an Old Glory, shot it for months, traded it on a Commander, which I currently have. Probably get a new one this winter.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will keep my bow untill i gaqther up enough money to buy a new one
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

I've had my current AR31 for last 2 years almost bought a gaurdian after I shot it but thought I would wait another 1-2 years on that.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

I've hadmine for 3 years.I remember someone told me they keep a bow for 5 years. They said it was because a bow starts to lose power after a while. Is this true?

[/align]

I had my first bow over ten years . it was a bear whitetail 2 , took my first deer with it , bought a proline typhoonthe next year,bought a pse fireflight the next year , had the proline 1 year . had the pse about 6 years .

the pse blew up twice with me ........long over draw.short , lite arrows . 70 lbs of draw .it takes its toll on a bow .

ten years after i bought the bear, i took another deer with it , when the pse gave up the last time .

-in 1990 i bought a high country carbon 4 runner .......great bow!!!!!

last season , i traded my hca 4 runner back to the high country factory on their upgrade program..my bow and 150 bucks = a brand new high country TSS Carbon .........REALLY GREAT BOW

I'll keep this one for a while and see if i can trade it in for a new one later ........but for now its great .