Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how long do you keep a bow? >

how long do you keep a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how long do you keep a bow?

Old 09-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how long do you keep a bow?

Hopefully my 06 Tribute will be around for many years to come, around 1988 I bought my first new bow, Oneida Strike Eagle, I thought paying 380.00 wascrazy,I used it until 2002 when I tore my bicept loose in my left arm, could no longer pull and hold the bow back. I traded out a guy some gun parts and a scope for a 02 model Reflex and used it until last year, I sunk right at 1000.00 dollars into the Tribute with everything I would need in assy. and arrows, now that is really crazy!!! So thats why I say HOPEFULLY!!!!.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 full yrs bowhunting - 2 hoyts... I'd've kept the Cybertec except I just had to shoot the Vectrix. I bit hook line sinker and smiling all the way to the boat.

My bow has the perfect balance of speed, accuracy, smooth draw, and quietness. I don't think I'll need anything else until the technology advances to new earth-shattering gotta have levels.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM

I had my last bow for ten years, it was a Browning Tornado. Sold it to a buddy who had never shot before. He picked it up and kicked my butt in a 3D shoot with it. I don't think that bow every lost anything, in fact I think it shot better as it got older!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I keep most of mine about 10 monthsto a year, depending on when I got it in and when I get next year's models in...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 PM

Like Greg, 10 months to a year.....Depends on when the new models arrive at the shop...I simply trade up for a new one......Pretty sweet deal.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I have been getting them every year. After shooting the one I have right now, it might be sticking around for a while. Depending on what happens with them for next year.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny...I started with a recurve in the early 60s, bought a Bear Whitetail in 1975....Bought a Mountaineer used in 1995 or so....I'm still using it.....

In the same length of time, I have owned 4 cars (actually 1 car, 1 Jeep and 2 trucks)....
Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Till it's gone.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not long enough. Buy way too often. Has to stop. Yea right.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

What I did was this. I have my old Bear Whitetail that I leave hanging on the hook over my work bench. This is in the garage where the wife keeps her car so she see's it all the time. Now, the wife, she don't know one bow from the other you see. I got two new bows over the last 5 years and she don't know cause I put them in the attic and keep them out of her sight. My plan is to get another bow in a year or two and tell her about it. "Well honey, its been 15 years since my last bow, time for a new one." I then take one of the other two out and replace the one on the hook and keep the rotation going. Very simple and keeps me off the do-do list.

Quick Reply: how long do you keep a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.