Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video) >

Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Two things about that video that really stood out:

1.) Dad's obvious incompetence, lack of morals, complete ineptitude as a parent.
2.) The child walking right up to a domesticated animal, and sticking it from 10 feet awaywitha youth bow- without any hesitation or inclination of wrongdoing. Then cheering about it.

This makes me wonder when kids are actually old enough to comprehend what it is thatthey're doing. I've hunted with a few kids over the years, and it's clear to me that they cannot appreciate the danger/methodology/sportsmanship involved.

I guess, maybe at age 8, with dad encouraging him - the kid really didn't know he was doing anything wrong. My point is that anyone who has a hunting license...they should have the presence of mind to know right from wrong.

My question is - at what point would the child have the presence of mind to say "Hey, I'm not going to kill this tame animal. It just isn't right."

Personally, I think the appreciation of what it is that you're doing, that's a quality that comes with age, but maybe I'm out in left field on this one.

Nope you're dead on.[/blockquote]
Old 09-06-2007, 12:47 PM

I don't see how there is any debate over this subject at all. The whole thing is disgusting. That poor kid is going to grow up with a murder/kill mentality toward wildlife (and life in general)instead of a deep appreciation and respect for the outdoors and the wildlife in it.

Likeothers said, its just like killing your dog. That deer has become acclimated to humans and trusts them enough to be 10 feet away.

This guy almost makes me not want to refer to myself as a hunter. If I was someone who was on the fence about hunting... I would be running to join the loonies at PETA after seeing that video and myspace page. I will be sure to write both Aftershock andDarton to express my thoughts. I hope others will do the same.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tsoc

I don't want to watch the video,I get enough of a sense from Frans description and the description at ArcheryTalk.When an animal has no fear of you and tolerates your presence with out alarm at such a close distance,you are not hunting that animal you are killing it and there is a world of difference.
How many of us want to watch video's of people killing steers or slaughtering pigs? Not many I would expect.Now there is nothing wrong with raising an animal to butcher it for food for your family.Those animals deserve to be killed quickly and humanely.
What is being described is sick in my mind,doesn't provide the dignity to the animal that it deserves and is warping the child's mind as to so many of the critical things that go into being a reverent hunter.Pathetic is the word that comes to mind.I seriously wonder about the perspective that child will have going forward.
I couldnt have said it better Scot
Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Wow, proud moment for Darton Archery and Aftershock Archery I am sure.Great memory for the boy too. [:'(]
Old 09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You beat me to it! I was gonna throw some trash at him too. But I'll just sit back and let you do the dirty work lol

That is just ridiculous... an underpowered bow with a tame deer... you can see when the deer is down (looks to me likethe deerwent a long way, or the truck was parked 10 yards from the stand ) that the broadhead cut up the hide because it was dangling out of the deer... I'll put money on it that this guy was desperate for his son to get a deer with a bow. I wonder how much he had to pay...
Old 09-06-2007, 01:22 PM

if you look who commented on his profile team texas from dream season seems like they would know this is not cool.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: baldntatted

if you look who commented on his profile team texas from dream season seems like they would know this is not cool.
Good call... I'd have never picked that up... Says a lot about them, eh?

He's never responded to my emails, by the way. LOL No surprise there...
Old 09-06-2007, 01:38 PM

i was compelled to submit a comment to Aftershock also... i couldn't let this slide
Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Unfortunately, I think this is an all to frequent an occurance in the land of big feeders and shooting towers and so called QDM. When a deer spends his entire life seeing the truck come and serve him breakfast and dinner he knows no better. It's down right disgusting alright. A couple weeks ago people on here were expounding on the great analogy of Nuge when he was suggesting baiting was the same as hunting over and acorn grove. Some said he was cool and right on. Now that we see what baiting can really do we're shocked? I'm not. The put out what they call "Supplemental Feed" for the betterment of the herd they say. Really all it is is baiting and allowing them to put more deer in the pen with big horns and call it QDM. It's growing horns and feeding the livestock. We can't have it both ways. Either you support baiting or you fight it in all it's forms, pure bait or QDM food supplements. I find it sickening but am surprised that some who support baiting find this shocking.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 PM

how ya been doing david long time no see?

Quick Reply: Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.