HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)
Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
standsleeper
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Two things about that video that really stood out:

1.) Dad's obvious incompetence, lack of morals, complete ineptitude as a parent.
2.) The child walking right up to a domesticated animal, and sticking it from 10 feet awaywitha youth bow- without any hesitation or inclination of wrongdoing. Then cheering about it.

This makes me wonder when kids are actually old enough to comprehend what it is thatthey're doing. I've hunted with a few kids over the years, and it's clear to me that they cannot appreciate the danger/methodology/sportsmanship involved.

I guess, maybe at age 8, with dad encouraging him - the kid really didn't know he was doing anything wrong. My point is that anyone who has a hunting license...they should have the presence of mind to know right from wrong.

My question is - at what point would the child have the presence of mind to say "Hey, I'm not going to kill this tame animal. It just isn't right."

Personally, I think the appreciation of what it is that you're doing, that's a quality that comes with age, but maybe I'm out in left field on this one.

Nope you're dead on.[/blockquote]