Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video) >

Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

ORIGINAL: bkalbach

profile set to private now. can't even access it.
YES, the power of positive bowhunters...I wonder if he got the message too?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a teenager I think that the kid had nothing to do with the hunt other than do what his dad said. When a child is forced into hunting they are not doing it to hunt, they are doing it to kill. Even if they still hunt now they probaly think that its all about the kill when its about the pursuit. Its not the destination you reach, its how you get there is how people should look at hunting. If you hunt for the kill your not hunting. If you put many hours in scouting and shooting then you sit in your stand all day and inthe last hour legal shooting a nice deer walks by and you put a good shot on itthen goes 40 yards. This is hunting. I was not forced to hunt. My dad does not hunt so I dont havea mentality to kill. I want to get my first bow deer with some pride.
i hear ya!!! That is where i am at
Old 09-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Damit, he set his profile to private and I cant see the video untill he would allow me.....
Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Apparently, the guy is a member over at AT, username: "Cornpile" - I blasted him over there, and received a formalreprimand from admin about personal attacks. I really don't care.

He responded to my PM's, basically bragging that his homeboys own Hypershock, and they'll stand behind him no matter what.

I would love to post the PM's that I received, but I will never post a private message, you guys that know me - y'all know that. So, suffice it to say that I will never buy a Hypershock or Darton product from this pointforward.

Jim - Great post. I agree 100%. My dad doesn't hunt much either - I know where you're coming from bro.

Believe me when I say that I'm not one of those hypersensitive people who are always crying about "fuel for the anti's" anytime somebody get out of line... But that video was one of the most over-the-top,reprehensible things I've ever seen. Big props to everyone who sent an email or chimed inand got that video removed. Like Rob said - that's the power of positive people.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is my comment to him...

Way to teach your 8 year old son how to shoot what is an obviously perfectly tame deer. It looked as it could have been hand fed and raised indoors. Some hunter you are.

Hopefully your son well realize how incredibly wrong what you are teaching him is and learn to actually hunt with out you leading the way for him.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a hunter, I know I am to have you amongst us and IMHO your so called "pro staff" support should be yanked immediately

And his response...

Sorry, I messed up. Didn't mean to hurt a thing.
The deer was not tame, and he's been taught different than that. You were not there and all this is, is just your opinion. Kinda like *******s, everyone has one and they usually stink.

He doesn't even know, or simply refuses to realize,he is an idiot and slob hunter teaching his child to be the same thing when he grows up.

I wanted to respond to him again but as you all see his profile is now set to private.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM

There was a post on here last week I think of a guy putting a 74 yard shot on a bear using guess what......Aftershock Maniac Broadheads. He hit the bear in the gut to. I left Aftershock a nice comment on both subjects. I couldnt watch the video but I get the jest of this one without reading. It makes me want to hurl [:'(]thinking about that arrow just flopping around in the deers body cavity. How morbid and insensitive can any one person be. Its a disgrace.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

I read all these posts, couldn't see the video's but I think I get the point here. I try not to judge others. Something like this, where the development of A young child is at stake, it's difficult to know when to step in and what to do about it. A man is trying to be a father, at least he's spending time with his kid. More than I can say for my father. At that age I took the rubber tips off my kids bow, sharpened the arrows in a pencil sharpener and went out killing all kinds of critters unsupervised. One day I shot A goose, it flew away with my arrow and made front page news, Got my but beat and never saw another bow until I was an adult. His heart is kind of in the right place, wanting to teach his kid hunting. Unfortunately nobody must have taught him what hunting is about, there fore it's impossible to teach his son. Instead of bashing the man, maybe offer him some friendly advice and tactfully teach him what he needs to know to be able to teach his son?
I hope by all this that something good does become of it. The video isn't posted and video's have a funny way of not always telling the absolute truth. If the man says he made a mistake, then maybe there's some hope for him and his boy after all. Hope so.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I couldnt see the video as it appears to be gone. Alot of pig hunting videos now. But from what it sounds to me is this is a classic story of a man who has it all andjust doesnt care. I would never let my son or daughter hunt that way. Im sure hes a good hunter but the way he taught his son was wrong from what I have heard.