Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH.... Gaining permission stinks >

UGH.... Gaining permission stinks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH.... Gaining permission stinks

Old 09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default UGH.... Gaining permission stinks

I have the surburban piece of wood that is full of deer and is not hunted. I would love to get into it but it is "house locked". I have been knocking on doors for a while and finally got a yes... but " can you run it by my neighbor first". I said ok.. I spoke with the neighbor today and she said No way! She likes the deer! I then asked if she would mind if I atl east went shedding and she even said no tothat... Its so freakin aggravating!!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: UGH.... Gaining permission stinks

Did you go back to the neighbor that said yes and see if they still considered the yes...if your not on the other neighbor, you still good to go.

Ya gotta be thick skinned and be ready for some no's...if you want sound advice, PM GMMAT to see how he did it. I've never met anyone so sincere and tactful when asking neighbors for permission.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:39 PM

i agree. i have been trying for a while also. jus keep at it and remember, all they can say is no, ya know?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Rob the thing is they are with in 10 yrds of each other. I think it would be bad neighbor to neighbor if she still let me through.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

In South Carolina you only have to be 300yds from the residence if you don't own the land. If the owner says yes and the neighbor says no, you can sit 300yds from her house and wave at her as you shoot and she can't do a thing.

Good Luck, hopefully you'll find a way to get in there.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: lpv77

Rob the thing is they are with in 10 yrds of each other. I think it would be bad neighbor to neighbor if she still let me through.
Still might be worth asking, worst case, let them know the answer and thank them for the consideration and perhaps you'll check back.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Your right about that. It did cross my mind to tell her thanks but you neighbors a B.T.H...!
I was going to say thanks, I guess Ill go back and thank the "nice "one.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

You could always sneak over and toss some attractant in the neighbor's flowerbed and garden. She'll probably change her mind after the deer tear her yard to shreds.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM

just so you know your not alone ive been trying to get access to a 20ac. spot that is thick woods, has aspring fedpond, a ridge line, and a major gullie. and is sandwiched between my 50ac, and another 50ac "honor camp/detention center" (you know theres no hunting pressure coming from them). and on the other side of them is public bowhunting ag. field.

if your wondering im pretty much on the verge of recieving a restraining/stop stalking me order
Old 09-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

SO how did it all pan out when you went back to the good neighbor? Or havent you gone yet? Id like to hear the outcome.

Quick Reply: UGH.... Gaining permission stinks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.