Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-08-2003, 03:17 PM

Default RE: What is the best bow on the market?

Mathews.......

Hunt the thickets
Old 01-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

I need to say this...........top quality bows doesn't always necessarily equal top prices. Money only talks when you decide to spend it.

Krisken, you list low end, moderate, and top line bows. You are sadly mistaken. For example: I will put my $429 bare bones bow up againt any $700 hunting bow you want to pay for. Guaranteed! I have hunted with the same hunting bow for 3 seasons now. Why? Not because I have too, but because it shoots best for me, I have not had the first problem with it, taken my share of deer with it, its fast, accurate, quiet and reliable. Not all expensive or cheap bows can do that.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-10-2003, 09:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>just because a company gets some top gun to shoot thier crap dosent mean it isent crap!.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Then why is everyone so fascinated and proud that they shoot a Mathews because they see all the top shooters winning tournaments with the same bow???..........Mathews marketing foundation is the fact that the top tourney shooters win with their bows. If it was meaningless (ineffective) publicity then I doubt you would see it in EVERY bow mag out there. Most people here know it is the archer and not the bow but we are a very small % of the archery public.......the others must be impressed by contest wins because Mathews sells A LOT of bows on those very bragging rights.

Now I realize that because I shoot a Bear bow you will read this as me trying in some way to justify to myself that my bow is as good as any other because I made a mistake or could not afford a better setup. Nothing could be further from the truth. I had an unlimited budget when I was shopping and I shot many many many bows before I made my choice. The bows I did shoot that were Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, etc were all very nice, however they were not as nice as the TRX for reasons that may be completely personal but none the less I would be sitting here kicking myself if I had left that TRX behind because I wanted a bow that is on all the magazine covers. I hate Mathews and Martin grips although my friend has a Martin with a different grip on it and it is SWEET. Hoyts were nice but just didn't &quot;do it&quot; for me and so on and so on. The TRX was smooth, fast, whisper quiet and fits my hand like it was made for me personally. It shoots 4&quot; groups at 30 yards, 250 fps with stuff all over the string and is quiet as a mouse fart. You are sadly mistaken if you think the only way you will get a quality bow is by going to the end of the rack and grabbing the most expensive tag on the shelf.

FWIW when you talk about Bear/Jennings you should really say the NAAG line because they are all the same company now and they have more then 1-2 good bows. TRX, Epic Extreme, Trophy Master, Grand Master, G2, G2XL and while I don't personally care for the Golden Eagle grips if Bob Foulkrod(sp?) shoots them I doubt they are &quot;cheap&quot;

Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt all have lower priced bows........does that make them garbage or are they still top quality just because the name on the limb???
Old 01-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Krisken, I believe that their are top bow brands, but as I said each company makes at least one high quality bow. While you mention Matthews and Bowtech, how about Hoyt? Or several of the others? No, I don't shoot a Matthews, Bowtech or a Hoyt. Not because I could not afford one, I just prefer what I currently shoot.

I want to add, anyone who spends there money buying the most expensive bow is more than likely buying a top end bow. But buying one of the more expensive bows because it is expensive makes little sense. Again.......there are some top end bows on the market that are $200 to $300 cheaper than some others. It just depends on what a person likes. For example: me personally won't buy a bow because of its name and hype. I like to see as many as I can before I buy.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>because a company makes one or two top line bows that thier company is top line.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

If you break it down into shear numbers Bowtech and Mathews have basically 1 or 2 &quot;top line&quot; bows just like every other company.

Ask all the Bowtech shooters what they have and the MAJORITY will say Patriot.....some BKII some PRO38 some Mighty Might but mostly Patriot.

Mathews owners all shoot Legacy or Q2XL with some Icon and others mixed in.

Bowtech hammers home the Patriot and Mathews the Legacy in marketing. Every company has only 1-2 bows that they put out each year as &quot;THE&quot; bow to have.

Bowtech and Mathews just charge a lot more for their &quot;other&quot; bows.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Guess I had better respond here.
Now-a-days you cant voice a truth as it isent politically correct in some way.
Come on!,lets tell the truth for once here,just because a company gets some top gun to shoot thier crap dosent mean it isent crap!.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

That same statement can be said about Mathews. Everyone has opinions, right, wrong or complete full of garbage.

Atlasman,

Very well said.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 01-10-2003, 10:48 AM

They don't make one wet.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-10-2003, 11:48 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I will interject that I have a high country and a bear and I have them because I still like to shoot them and they are good training bows.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

What is a good &quot;training&quot; bow?? Does it perform differently on targets then in the field?? Not trying to be sarcastic......I really don't know what you mean.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The manufacturing proccess from company to company runs from high quality to low quality.
The send back on defects run from none to many in each year and it relates directly to quality control.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I don't know the figures for defective send backs.......do you?? If so post them and that would be an interesting and valid way to compare at least that aspect. I will say however that DELL computers have an ENORMOUS customer service system (which means their is a great demand for service, breakdowns, defects etc....) It has no effect on their status as a great company because they have great customer service. I prefer never to need to use customer service but as long as it is speedy and fair those figures may not mean that much either.

Please expand on your statement about the quality of manufacturing from line to line. You have first hand knowledge of this as well?? Personally I am not aware of each step of assembly for all these companies or how well or poorly it is done.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I did not mean to attack any person but this is a problem that I have with the kid gloves routine.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Nor am I attacking you or anyone else personally. I just think you are giving out really bad advice to someone looking for a new bow. When people read stuff like you wrote they get worried that they are buying garbage if they don't spend $1,000 on a new &quot;bow of the year&quot;. This could lead to them either ignoring all other bows and missing out on a better bow for their personal style or even worse it could cause them to not get a bow at all because they can't afford $1,000.

There is nothing wrong with spending a $1,000 on a bow if it is the one that fits you best, shoots the best IN YOUR HANDS, feels right and is the best of ALL of the many you tried BEFORE buying.

BUT...........To say that if you don't spend $1,000 you are shooting a &quot;cheap&quot; or &quot;low quality&quot; bow is not only bad advice......it is just plain wrong because you have no idea what another persons personal feelings or impressions of good and bad are.

I shot a Legacy after having my TRX for a few months.......I wasn't impressed with it at all as a &quot;gotta have&quot; bow that is above and beyond all others and one of the best bows out there. It was nice. It shot well. Not great in any respect and I still HATE the grip. Should I have gotten rid of my TRX that shoots like a dream(in my hands) just to say I have a Legacy(insert any name for Legacy and the point remains the same)

Buy what's best for YOU. Don't pretned to know what's best for others or what they will like just because you like it.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.