Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pic and story of first kill.... >

Pic and story of first kill....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pic and story of first kill....

Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 PM

Default RE: Pic and story of first kill....

congrats on your first deer how far of a shot was it?

Old 09-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

15ft ladder stand, about 15 yards out. My bow is sighted in at 23yds and I was dead on. If I'd bent at the waist instead of lowering my arms it'd been a double lung pass through. Instead I spined him directly above the lungs.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:16 PM

IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BROTHER IN LAW,ITS NOT THE SIZE OF THE DEER THAT MATTERS ITS THE HUNT , THE PURSUIT, THE MEMORIES THAT ARE MADE.I HAVE KILLED LOTS OF DEER AND I HAD JUST AS MUCH FUN KILLN THE LITTLE ONES AS I DID THE BIG ONES,YOUR STORY IS FAMILLIAR TO ME BECAUSE MY EX BRO N LAW IS MY HUNTIN BUDDY AND I COULD ONLY IMAGINE WHAT IT FELT LIKE TO LOOSE HIM BUT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR AREASON GOD TOOK HIM SO YOU AND YOUR SON COULD GROW CLOSER AND DEVELOP AN EVEN MORE SPECIAL BOND.YOU WILL ALWAYS FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIVE REMEMBER THAT LITTLE BUCK,HE WAS AWESOME,HUNTING IS AWESOME,YOUR DEER TRULY WAS A TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK THIS FALL BUDDY
Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Job! You'll always remember that one.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:40 PM

Know how you feel bud. My best friend and first cousin passed away August 15 from a heat stroke mixed w/ some anti anxiety meds he was taking. I first thought he committed suicide, but he didn't. His daughter was in the bed w/ him when he died. Had a migraine that day and never even thought abouot it being a sign of heat stroke. Left behind a b*** ex wife, and two gorgeous children. I hope to take his son hunting aplenty. He was a big time hunter. Lol, his 6 year old daughter and 8 year old son went to sleep at night watching "huntin' shows w/ daddy" lol. Big Primos fans. All three of them. Makes me cry just thinking about him. Whoever said it was right, it's NOT about the size of the animal. It took me one strange august day to figure that out. Life is not always what it seems guys.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations on your first deer. Your story also adds to the significance of your trophy. I know you're proud of him.

Congrats, again.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Simpy a "crushing" story.......congrats and welcome to a world of madness!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on yer first... Sorry to hear about yer brother-in-law. You should be proud of yerself for taking up hunting to spend more time with yer son. He will never forget the times yer gonna have out in the woods. My son took his 1st turkey when he was 9 and is always talking about that day. Talk about proud, one of the happiest days I've ever had in the woods...
Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

My first bow harvest was a spine shot also so I know what you mean. Doesn't matter what size the animal or the horn's are, its a trophy you will always remember! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Pic and story of first kill....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.