Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you guys stay awake on the stand >

How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Old 09-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Spike

Default RE: How do you guys stay awake on the stand

redbull sometimes but the having to P thing doesn't help but normally i take a couple of stackers gets me through 4:00 am through dark with no breaks.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not fight it either, sleep with a walker game earin my ear. If one gets within 60 yds you we know it in the leaves. My snoozing time mostly is when I go back to the stand in the afternoon around 2 til about 4 or so, depends on the weather.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

the thought of waking up to swinging from my harness is enough to keep me awake.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually don't do much of any sleeping/doozing in any of my Climbing Stands....too dangerous to be tired while being 15 to 20 some odd feet in the air.Now when I'm Still Hunting on the ground or inside my ground blind and it is a slow morning or evening I can go to sleep pretty easily.

One day when I was Deer Hunting during Rifle Season it was a long morning and the sun finally warmed up the tall grassalong the fence row I was leaning against...I ended up falling asleep and woke up dreaming about something and was laughing out loud....felt kinda dumb and looked around to see if I chased away any Deer?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Sleep all the time in the stand (climber with padded front rail, no way to fall out)
It's the only "good" sleep I get, At home I am always afraid I'll wake up to the nempho wife doing the "Reverse cowgirl" - with props.

Slack
Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Starbucks Grande Americano. After oneof those I spend the rest of the daybuzzing right along.
That's my drink of choice too. At one time I was drinking 2 of those a day. But I've cut back in the past few years. I only have one or 2 per week now.

If you really want a buzz ask for a Grande Americano in the dark. Instead of using hot water + espresso they will use regular brewed coffee + the espresso shots. Great for all day hunts.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never really have a problem staying awake while hunting! Pretty much to fired up!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: FroMan

I don't. I decided a long time ago not to fight it. There's no telling how many deer I've missed walking by me while I'm snoring. However, I can vouch for more than a few that have woken me up.
Same here Froman but I can garuantee one thing, I have never seen a deer walk by me while I'm sleeping.

Sleeping in the stand is part of hunting to me. I enjoy it very much.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Man I love my morning coffee before a hunt but I also find it rips through my intestines on the stand and forces me to come down for a break. Hey...I piss in a plastic jar, but some things I won't do in a stand.I will go from 1 hour before sunlight to 20 minutes after in the stand. I am totally committed once I get to the woods. As tired as I get I also know I only get maybe 12 days in the woods each year so I make them count.

To keep from falling asleep I'll bring a book and my phone that has a few games on it. This keeps me a little focused during that noon to 3:30 slow period.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i also get to do a lot less sleeping on stand now that I take my cell phone with me and befriendfemales who cant seem to get enough of texting. [:@]

Quick Reply: How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.