Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads

Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rage Broadheads

Bump for Mr Filter.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Umm I thought the o-ring was just a shock absorber, it doesn't seem to hold the blades in place.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I posted about this very thing a couple of weeks ago. Mine were opening before impact too. They were hitting 3" higher than the practice heads.I am putting a rubber band around the middle of the blades and no more problems. Tested them with cardboard in front of my target and they are opening on impact now.

I also had post going asking if everyone had shot their broadheads. I guess you missed that one too. You gotta spend more time here.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:59 AM

i am changing from the montec to the rage head this year,(will get to try them next weekend)the practice blade flies awesome, last year i could not keep the G5 montec's sharp, even when i used the G5 broadhead tool to keep them sharp, my quiver dose not have foam in it, so this might not knock the o-ring
Thanks for all the info, this place is great
Lenny
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Shot the Rage 2 on the range yesterday at 30 and 40 yards. No premature deployments, and only one not fully deployed on impact, though it sill sliced over a 1" hole. Flew as true as the practice head and, for that matter, my field points.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 PM

I have always used Muzzy 100gr or Thunderhead 100 gr and tried the 2 blade Rage 100 grain over the last 3 weeks. Practice points hit the same exact spot as filed points. I mixed the groups and could not get the Rage to fail as concerned to accuracy. Yesterday I tried the actual broadhead on targets at 20, 30, and 40 yds. I mixed the shots w/ pratice Rage points and the actual Rage Broadheads. My wife thought to her hear the real Braodheads were quieter. The groups all held great between the 2 and I only had to change the O-ring after 4 shots w/ the rea; broadheads. I could neve get forexample the tthe Muzzy 100 to hit in thesame spot as my fieldpoints. Groups were good, I just don't like changing my sight between pratice and broadheads. I am going w/ the 2 blade Rage this year. Just my opinion.

Please note that I started using the QuikspinST2" Speed Hunter on myMaxima 350Hunter this year instead of 4" RH vanesand they stabilize my arrow better.

Switchback XT 27.5 draww/ a Loop at 70#

Thanks Jeff
Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

I like the Rage 2 blade also. Like everyone else said, no difference between the field points, Rage practice point and the actual broadhead. I shot all three, mixing the order that they were shot. All three from 25 yards hit within 2-3 inch circle. No reason the change pin sights from field to broadheads anymore.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Bartender

Bingo
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'm wondering if it wasn't as issue of putting/pulling them to/from the quiver?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem last year when i tryed the rage 3 blades. The o-ringsall broke before i even shot at a deer. I belive stuffing them into my old quiver forced the back side of the blades to cut the o-rings. So i went back to the reapers. (never ever had a problem in 5 years with those).. BUT i did buy a new quiver this year so i think im going to try the rages again sometime this year just to see what happens.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]How many recalls has Rage had since they started? It could bea quality control issue.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.