Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads

Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rage Broadheads

I tried to find the companies contact info but am unable to bring up their website as I don't have the correct "plugins" I wondered if someone get me the email addy for them...

I bought a 3 pack of these broadheads on Thursday at Cabela's. When I got home I shot the practice head and if flew fine. I hunted Monday night and had the opportunity at a small buck at 15 yards. When I released I watched as the arrow fishtailed out of control and flew over his back. The deer jumped and trotted forward 4 or 5 steps. I nocked another arrow and released this time the arrow flew cocked sideways missing the deer again. I didn't really give it much thought until yesterday it dawned on me. I removed the third arrow from my quiver and noticed the O ring that holds the blades was broken on a brand new head. I am confident that the blades were deploying from the head in flight. Hence the weird flight of the two arrows.
To be real honest, I think the design sucks and would like to tell them. Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads

That's a prime example of whywe should always shoot the headswe are gonna hunt with. I can't stress this enough. Even if a practice head is included, at least shoot thehead orheads you will be hunting with at least a time or two. I'm not saying that your experience you had on Monday night was your fault. It is def. something that needs to be expressed to the company if indeed you purchased some faulty heads. However, we do owe it to the animals we persue to make sure our equipment is working properly. Look on the bright side, At least you had 2 clean misses and the bucks not running around with a few unneccesary wholes in him.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:32 AM

Sounds like "junk" to me...........
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

This is why I don't shoot mechanical broadheads, one thing is going to go wrong sooner or later.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Was it the 3 blade or 2? I could see it happening with the 3 blade but not the 2 blade. Where these brand new or have they been sitting on the shelves for a year? When rage first came out they had problems with the O-rings but they fixed them. ragebroadheads.com

Die Hard

14 Days!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats sucks I used the same head for 3 deer last year new o-ring thats it! I love them and would never switch. I have never had a problem with them and I own about 36 of the 2 blades.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Spike

Just check the O-ring before you go into the woods. If they still don't fly right then complain. The only way they fly right is if they're put together properly.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm wondering if it wasn't as issue of putting/pulling them to/from the quiver?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like all mechanicals, you can't jam them into the foam!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

I have only used the 3 blade head last year on 2 deer and I was quite impressed with their damage and accurate flight. I'd like to try the 2 blade as I know some other guys that swear by them.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.