Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 video of a painless kill >

video of a painless kill

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

video of a painless kill

Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: video of a painless kill

Yep same as above I shot a big ol fat buck once that didn't even flench, I thought I missed it when all of sudden it just started wobbling and fell over!! It can happen!! Walt
Old 08-31-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually had this happen while in TN hunting wild boars. I was behind a tree with a group of pigs about 15-20 yards away. My buddy was standing over my shoulder video taping it. When I shot all the pigs ran off except for the one I hit. He kinda jumped from the string noise. I knew it was a perfect behind the shoulder shot. As he walked off he was scratching at the entrance wound with his hind leg. He walked off about 30 yards and got wobbly legged and plop!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:41 AM

this is possilbe with razor sharp broadheads, man i heard that like 20 times at my course. Any way if the blades are sharp enough they can cut u with out feeling it also, so be carefull.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a doe at about 10 yards last year, and I think she went about 10 feet! It hit her, she jumped, then went back to feeding. I watched the blood just pump out of her, and then she fell! It is definately a memorable kill!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Transverse of this is......I shot two deer last year that I had to listen to their cries as I was following up with subsequent shots. It's a sound I could do without.....and I'll never forget them.

Kudos to all who try to make these kills (and I know we all strive for this) as painless and as expeditious as possible. Having experienced what I have in my limited experiences.....it's changed the way I approach shot opportunities (and each of these deer were slam dunk shots).I'll tke an extra moment from here, forward.

Good luck to all, this season.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 AM

I shot a doe last year that stood completely still after the shot. Took about 8 steps and fell over. However when she hit the ground she jumped back up and went nuts, running back and forth and hitting stuff. I think she just didnt know what was happening thats why she went crazy but there was no reaction to the arrow, double lunged her too.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

My buck of last year was ten yards broadside and after I shot he just stood there. I was shaking so bad that I could hardly nock another arrow let alone shoot. I thought I missed, AT TEN YARDS. The rollercoaster of emotions after that shot were incredible. He finally saw me move and took off trotting but againI thought I missed. So I got down and found my arrow soaked with blood and found him dead at 50 yards. Went through his lungs heart and part of his liver. Didn't even know what hit him.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Transverse of this is......I shot two deer last year that I had to listen to their cries as I was following up with subsequent shots. It's a sound I could do without.....and I'll never forget them.

Kudos to all who try to make these kills (and I know we all strive for this) as painless and as expeditious as possible. Having experienced what I have in my limited experiences.....it's changed the way I approach shot opportunities (and each of these deer were slam dunk shots).I'll tke an extra moment from here, forward.

Good luck to all, this season.
Had this happen last year with a 6pt. Flinched during the shot and clipped the backbone. Dropped in his tracks, but he bellowed until I climbed down and slit his throat. I hat doing that, as he went crazy when i got close to him. I just walked off to load my stand up before I came back to drag him outto make sure he was dead.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot several deer and went clean through them. They jumped, kicked and then returned to feeding till they fell over. I think this happens quite a bit
Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have had them stand there and drop after a few seconds. I almost thought i missed them when they do that.

Quick Reply: video of a painless kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.