Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 proccessing your own deer >

proccessing your own deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proccessing your own deer

Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: proccessing your own deer

If you like to cook, have at it an enjoy. If you plan on making deerburger and sausage, a good grinder and sausage stuffer will be needed. A good vacuum sealer is a must. We've made summer sausage out of entire deer before. Amazing how many friends you forgot you had once they knowthere's venison to be had. Thing about that grinder is, it doesn't care whether its doe meat, buck meat, first year deer meat, or monster 14 point buck meat. It's all good
Old 08-28-2007, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Lisa, Mitch and I will eat about 3 deer a year (based on my freezer, right now). Before I ever killed a deer....I knew I had to learn how to field dress/butcher to be an ethical hunter. I called a friend....and went over to his lease on opening day of ML. They killed a bunch of deer that day.....and I personally processed (field dressed and quartered) 14 in an afternoon (with some help).

When it came time to do my own.....piece of cake. I can field dress and quarter a deer in short order, now.....and I pay 30 to have it cut and packaged at the processor. I have several deer already spoken for this year.....with the people that are going to be taking the meat agreeing to pay the processor's fee. My processor charges me nothing for the ones I donate to the family (family of 14) we've chosen.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Bartender

Ahhh this explains the $10 saving for no P&Y.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Ahhh this explains the $10 saving for no P&Y.
I wish I knew how to decipher your ramblings. Check that.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Bartender

lol long night pal

The P&Y thread I was referring too. ahhh nm I need a nap.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

and I pay 30 to have it cut and packaged at the processor.
Can't beat that . At 30 bucks, you don't need do do it yourself, nor would I

Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

I bone all mine out, I usually have a roast and some boneless steaks and some backstrap.One of the main things not to forgetwhen processing yourown is, cut off as much sinu as you can. You can put that roast in a slow cooker with some onions and garlic, it so goodthat if you put it on your head your tongue would beat your brains outtrying to get to it.. Not to mention the pan fryed backstrap........man yall done got me hungry now...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

I do my own deer i had my first deer ever procesed and payed way to much for it. Now that i do my own deer it even allows me to cook differnet things o and i know its my deer for sure.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Michigan hunter14

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: Michigan hunter14

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Hey, I'm the grill master ... I've cooked it all inculding armadillo... I had some backstrap steaks last month, but trust me Axis is so much better, and a young pig is awesome, after all I am Polish, I eat sausage all the time. I make my own polish sausage. I'd rather eat that than a two inch thick porter house steak.

Whoa whoa whoa.....I'm polish also, but a 2 inch thick porter house?.....
That proves I'm Polish

I guess I am not Polish enough
I'm Polish too, and a bit German, and a smidge Greek. I guess that's why I like hot dogs!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

I do my own. I take a lot to the local butcher to have sausage made (my wife and kids love it). Most of the rest I grind up and mix 50/50 with beef. It makes great burgers, chili, etc. It's very easy to process your own. I was fortunate enough to learn from the experienced guys in our party.

Quick Reply: proccessing your own deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.