Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Past Champs (stay in touch thread) >

Past Champs (stay in touch thread)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Past Champs (stay in touch thread)

Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Past Champs (stay in touch thread)

Darren - that's awesome buddy. My boss is nice, but not that nice. LOL Good luck Chief.

It's only the 4th day of the season here - been out every day at least for a couple hours. So far, my logbook shows 16 deer, 6 buck and 2 that I would've shot, had an opportunity presented. I'm sure that I won't keep that pace, but so far, so good. I'll be back after it tonight, but it's hotter than a June bride in a feather bed.

Peace out homies.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Darren - that's awesome buddy. My boss is nice, but not that nice. LOL Good luck Chief.
Darren, right on... good luck hunting these next few days. cant be that!

Mark, hope you rope in another dandy like last years! That was a great buck.

Quick, dang man your in em bud. Good luck this afternoon.

Rybo's is it going to be happy holloween again this year? At what point do you start hunting your bucks? Your mostly focusing on does right now...correct?

I've got a couple days off here to regroup before the season opens back up. I have some stands to move, others to set up for the pre-rut and a few more ground blinds to make. I have a couple other areas I have to get in and scout some more this week as well. I am actually enjoying a few days off to regroup and get ready for the onslot of rifles.

Its always good to see you guys. Good luck the rest of the season.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, sounds like the heat has everyone stumped. I went out opening night and nothing....heading out again in about 90 minutes. Hope everyone has a great season.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Darren,
Sweet, good luck during that time.
I got allowed to leave a half hour early 1 day a week from my boss. [&:]

Fran,
With action like you are starting off with, I am expecting a txt with a pic of a nice one any evening now.

Troy,
Yes my focus is on does at the moment. If I can get one more with the wheels, then the focus will be doe with longbow. Depite the heat, I'm going to give it a good go round this friday & saturday and I'm pretty confident to get a shot. I'll start focusing on bucks around Oct 25, UNLESS I catch sight of a shooter sooner and think I can peg him. Doubtful that I will.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like everyone is doing well.....

Kill them does Rybo

good luck Shedd on thoes four pieces of land you are scouting out...I have a hard time hunting one....4 would take me a life time to get a hold on

I wish my work would give me time off paid to hunt!!!!!!

Quick.. sounds like you have had a great start of a season. Keep on em

I have not been out much yet... but will be out with my ThermaCell in the morning. Everyone says they work great... we will see. rain, and 80 deg. I am guessing the skeeters will be in full force.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AR 34 eight point

good luck Shedd on thoes four pieces of land you are scouting out...I have a hard time hunting one....4 would take me a life time to get a hold on
I hear you, it usually takes me 3-4 years to get a couple thousand acre area slightly understood.. but its fun..

I've hunted one piece 6 years, the other 3, (new home area) the third just startingthis summer and the other my old stomping ground I grew up in since I was 12. Theres a fifth area but I cant justify traveling the75 miles right now when its as good at home.. gas prices and time..
Old 10-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out my sons first bird

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/AR-34/?action=view¤t=MVI_0763.flv
Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not much new here, been seeing a couple bucks but I have not been able to put myself in the right place yet. congrats guys on your beautiful deer!!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mark - I missed that video the first time you posted it. Awesome stuff man. Any action since you saw that 4x4?

Troy, u been hunting, or taking a week off to unwind? I've been home all the time - driving the wife nuts. She's already practically counting down until Sunday when I'll be out of her hair for the day. LMAO
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys..

I got out last night ..and once last weekend..mostly just catching up on "winter prep" firewood, storage stuff etc..

I am back after it full bore after tonights basketball camp I am coaching at is over...

I have an elk tag and two whitetail tags to hunt for.. Looking forward too it.. Making my plans for ND this week.. too... looking at flights..I cant wait to get out and hnt with Tim and Tyler..

dropped my buck and springer bearoff at the Taxidermist.. thanks for the kind words guys on my buck.. you guys are awesome!

Mark congrats to your son..even though I cant pull the pix up here at work..

Troy

Quick Reply: Past Champs (stay in touch thread)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.