Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!! >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, you have never planted and taken care of a food plot let alone 10 acres of them. If you think Illinois has trophy bucks below every tree stand, you have been watching to much tv. If you think it is just as easy to kill a record book buck as it is a 1.5 year old, well then, I need to learn hunting stratigies from you.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Honestly, it's certainly work to put in food plots, time and money as well and that is certainly harder than doing nothing and shooting the first 1.5 year old that walks by.
Why do you assume that because someone shoots a 1.5 year old that they do nothing??

Everything is work...........getting up at 3 am and driving 2 hours and sitting all day before the 2 hour drive home is work too. So if a guy does this and shoots a 1.5 year old will you say he worked harder then the guy who got up at 6 am and walked out of the cabin to his stand and kills a 3.5 year old??

Why do I have a feeling that you only consider it work if it results in a large racked buck??

I'd say that is true, IF there are more of them but it's certainly harder to kill a more mature deer than it is a 1.5 year old IF again IF the numbers are low. Is that not true atlasman?
Sometimes.

Depends on the location.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok heres my problem and i know this has been said. If ipass....somebody else will shoot him. Ican garuntee he'll survive archery season because thier isnt alot of archers by me, but come gun season everyone will be in the woods shooting anything brown.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Do you have a problem when fish and game place a length limit on bass? Its done for the quality of the bass. It works with deer to if enough people subscribe to it in the area or it is forced upon them.

Catch and release comparisons don't work. They are based on numbers and numbers alone. They want and need the fish to survive so they apply limits to avoid dangerously low population numbers.........they also just want MORE fish in the waters for people to catch and enjoy fishing. They understand that a kid is gonna lose interest in fishing REAL soon if he sits for 5 days without even a nibble. Catch and release has NOTHING to do with egos and trophies..........it's all about having enough fish for everyone to enjoy fishing.

There are already limits on deer hunting. Tag limits dictate how many deer you can take year after year. This is done for the same reason as catch and release.........population control. No one cares what deer you kill........they care how many you kill.........can't be too many or too few or problems will result.
One of my favorite movies is "It's a Wonderful Life"and one of my favorite quotes is "you're nothing but a warped frustrated old man...in the whole scheme of things you're nothing but a squirmy little spider" Atlas and the rest don't see the big picture and what picture they think they see is not the picture at all but rather an image imprinted upon them by videos, dvd's, the internet, and whatever odd and twisted local stations theyare subject to in their darkened corner of the world.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter2001

Obviously, you have never planted and taken care of a food plot let alone 10 acres of them.
I don't consider that "work" to get a big buck...........no more then I consider liposuction "work" to lose weight.

If you think Illinois has trophy bucks below every tree stand, you have been watching to much tv.
Never said that and don't know where you got that from.

If you think it is just as easy to kill a record book buck as it is a 1.5 year old, well then, I need to learn hunting stratigies from you.
Never said that either BUT.........you (and numerous others) have proven that to be true on this very site. Look at what you said..........all you had to do was not shoot bucks for a couple years and coincidentally now you are putting 2 in the books per year. Guys have testified this to be true time and again..........don't shoot them and seeing and killing more big bucks will soon follow. You don't expect everyone to believe that by some miracle of good timing you all became great hunters in that same time frame do you??..........of course not and I don't mean that as an insult. You are still the very capable hunter you always were...........you just have more larger bucks around now.........pretty simple concept actually.

Guys prefer hangin' out in bars packed full of women for a reason
Old 08-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

zzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzz......zzzz zzzzz

I just used google to find the definition for dead horse beatingand it linked me to this thread. Go figure.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I have a group to the south of me that does what you say. It is there right to do whatever they want to, as long as it is legal. If this is what makes them happy, then I am happy for them. I see how happy it makes them when they kill a deer! I was there for years, but not any more. All of the other sides of my property pratice QDM. They used to not, but now they do. They told me that they only shoot does for meat and let the bucks up to 3 yrs go. Ican only choose to regulate myself and no one else. I chose to do my part and give it a chance. I still don't kill two does like QDM preaches for my property size.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Just trynot to kill young bucks (1 1/2 to 21/2)and pass up dose,it will have aNEGATIVE it impack and there will be no deer to hunt.

Man..........you just have to wonder where some people get brainwashed ideas like this from.

Deer have managed to not only survive but to multiply to record numbers without TDM and you are worried about there being no deer to hunt

How passing up does=no deer to hunt must be tougher for you to explain then the definition of impack.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: jelen

One of my favorite movies is "It's a Wonderful Life"and one of my favorite quotes is "you're nothing but a warped frustrated old man...in the whole scheme of things you're nothing but a squirmy little spider"
Before my time old man.

Atlas and the rest don't see the big picture and what picture they think they see is not the picture at all but rather an image imprinted upon them by videos, dvd's, the internet, and whatever odd and twisted local stations theyare subject to in their darkened corner of the world.

Stay off the drugs man
Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt what makes me happy, in my opponion that is what its all about. When i started years ago i didnt hold out for the biggest squirrel or woodchuck. Its still the same now. Maybe eventually i will not get the rush from shootin "lesser" bucks then i might start to hold out on a few. Its all really about the moment though, if all the sudden a deer pops up, doe, buck, big or little, if i get the instinct to shoot it then its probably gonna get wacked i think too many people have got caught up in the big deer craze. With all that said, i still hope i shoot a monster this year

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.