Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 when are drastic tactics needed >

when are drastic tactics needed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

when are drastic tactics needed

Old 08-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default when are drastic tactics needed

After reading the post about unconvential tactics, I got to thinking, when do you need to go into an unconventional mode and start using these drastic, crazy tactics?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: when are drastic tactics needed

When you've been sitting in your stand for the first 3 or 4 days of hunting and nothing is moving and you haven't seen a thing.Last year I hunted for the first 6 days of RifleSeason in my ladder stand over looking a CRP field and 4 different food plots scattered down the open field and decided to changemy routine and do some still hunting around the farm,I ended up jumping up a Doe and a big 8-Point Buck bedded in a thicket behind an old farm pond and shot the Buck...he's on my wall as I type right now!

It was really slow last year during Rifle Season and since I took off that week forvacation there wasn't very many hunters on the surrounding farms during the week days and I was the only one hunting on our farm so the deer were not pressured and I needed to use some different tactics.Come to find out the Bucks were staying bedded with the Doe's during the day and moving at night so I got lucky and slipped into one of the Bucks bedding area's and I knew they were using our farm for a food source,breeding and bedding area,they just weren't chasing around like they usually do that time of year.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: when are drastic tactics needed

ORIGINAL: bassfisherman711

After reading the post about unconvential tactics, I got to thinking, when do you need to go into an unconventional mode and start using these drastic, crazy tactics?
Simple, when your wasting your time with conventional tactics.