Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I have a problem!!!!!!!!!!! >

I have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Spike

Default I have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!

I have went to put food out today at noon and I jumped about 8 deer out of my spot. They have been bedding down lately in the lady's bushs in the corner of her yard and I can't get to either of my stands without jumpin them. I have the same problem last year and the deer do come back but I was just wondering if anyone has a similar problem. I hunt in a nieghborhood and it isnt' like I have another way into the woods. Any other pa hunters who hunt 5c will know what I mean.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spots I can't get to during normal going to stand hours. I've had to adjust.

Now...it isn't peculiar for me to go to stand at 3:30 or 4:00 AM. Sometimes I've gone after daylight to my morning spots to avoid bumping so many deer.

They leave to go eat........come home to sleep. That's a given. You have to adjust to beat them to an ambush spot in the evenings.....and to beat them "home" in the mornings.

Only advice I can give you.......is you have to adjust to them.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im in 5B and I have a stand like that. The only time I will hunt it if I can get into it real early in the morning and use no light. I will just walk in get up in my tree with like an hour left before morning and it usually works pretty good for me. If you keep busting them out sooner or later they wont come back.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Spike

I tryed that last year, it almost seems like they are around from like 10am-2pm then sometimes they will leave, others they will bed down or sit just into the woods about 30 yards or so. I don't think its a problem when I spook them in the yard cause that happends to them everyday, I think when I spook them when Im in the woods it becomes a problem. The deer are used to people to the point that you can walkin within bow range of them as long as your on the grass and they are in the woods. Its like they know your supposed to be thier, its hard to explain but if you saw how deer lived in chester county you'd understand. Thier are scrapes and rubs in peoples yards, every tree is naked 5 feet down, its probly why we have so many special seasons
Old 08-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt 5c u see any big ones yet where do u hunt what town
Old 08-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Spike

I hunt chads ford, I saw 2 nice ones after last season, and I saw 2 monsters?down off 92. what town are you in?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

solebury area
Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Spike

where in 5c do you hunt