Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Releases

Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Releases

I to am looking into a new release and have heard a lot of good things about the Carter Quikie
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 PM

The Carter line of releases are all excellent. But I also like the T.R.U. Ball short-n-sweet S1 for the reason that Sliverflicker previously mentioned, trigger is right at the release point, no loss of draw length. Makes it much easier to go back and forth between a thumb release and a wrist style release if you like both styles of releases.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buffinator

I shoot a T.R.U. Stinger and love it. I keep mine at factory length for now. They're adjustable so I may shorten mine eventually, but for now I like having that long release.
Im another for the T.R.U. Stinger, its way better than my old tru fire
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot the Scott Sabertooth (it is a double caliper release) It is an awesome release. I lightened the trigger pull and it doesn't take much pressure to trigger the release. The thing I DIDN'T LIKE was the chintzy poor strap and wrist bandmaterial.

But since I am an old leather crafter, I made one out of leather . . . it made all the difference in the world.

It is too bad Scott doesn't make one with the leather.

That said it is an awesome, awesome release and well worth the price.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Truball Copperhead or the Scott releases are nice. The Scott releases with the adjustable strap can be made nice and short to get your second nuckle over the trigger properly. The Copperheads not quite as short.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Follower

The Carter line of releases are all excellent. But I also like the T.R.U. Ball short-n-sweet S1 for the reason that Sliverflicker previously mentioned, trigger is right at the release point, no loss of draw length. Makes it much easier to go back and forth between a thumb release and a wrist style release if you like both styles of releases.

i'd like to second the short n' sweet. I mean just look at the name. enough said.