Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New ATV

Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default New ATV

I had the coolest thing happen last night. Conceptually, it was better than scoring a monster buck. I bought a new Artic Cat H1 650. That's good, but it just gets better. My wife shows up and after I've worked the salesman over, she gets him to come off another $700. Sure, they had it marked up more than that, but she SHE was able to out-deal me. That's better, but it gets great. Most of us would catch all sorts of heck for spending that kind of money. She kept pushing me to get all the implements so that I could do all my foodplots with a matching rig. That's just insane. I didn't buy any, already have more than enough...they're just not color coordinated. After 10 years of marriage and two kids, I have to say, I guess I'll never figure her out. And I guess that's what makes it so fun. Just had to share it.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New ATV

great job on the dealing and you better take the wife out to dinner
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is awsome but I would just make sure that you are ready. She is setting you up to ask for something big. No wifes are that nice without a motive in mind!!!!

You should have told her that a new bow, rifle and shotgun are also needed accessories for a new 4 wheeler!!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

rest assured she has something big in mind for you to treat her to
Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you've been doing your job of making sure she's content around the house so that she has no qualms in letting you get what you want... Kudos to you!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Sounds like you've been doing your job of making sure she's content around the house so that she has no qualms in letting you get what you want... Kudos to you!
When the wife is happy, everyone is happy.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Amen, amen and amen. Except that she got hers already. I'd been saving for this 4 wheeler for about 2 years. Had the cash ready to go this spring and she says, "I'd really love a camper." She kinda recoiled in anticipation of my answer. When i said "Sure, OK" she might've peed. I already have a cabin. Now she has a great camper, I've got a great 4 wheeler. And last year for my B-day her and the kids got me a new switchback.

I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Amen, amen and amen. Except that she got hers already. I'd been saving for this 4 wheeler for about 2 years. Had the cash ready to go this spring and she says, "I'd really love a camper." She kinda recoiled in anticipation of my answer. When i said "Sure, OK" she might've peed. I already have a cabin. Now she has a great camper, I've got a great 4 wheeler. And last year for my B-day her and the kids got me a new switchback.
When the wife is happy, everyone is happy.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 PM

I've been married 23 years, and the generosity of my wife never ceases to amaze me. I would love to take credit for being everything she always needs, but I am not that naive, but I try. My wife has kept a smile on her face, through my jetboat phase, four wheeler phase, and probably the next silly phase I go through trying to figure out what hobbies I like best. Thank God for a good woman. Shawneeslinger, I like the "color coordinated" comment. I know for a fact that the color on the car will always matter more than whats under the paint. That's just the way it is.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey man... Good luck with those food plots this season... What are you planting??? Biologic or Antler King

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.