Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any taller rubber boots? >

Any taller rubber boots?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any taller rubber boots?

Old 08-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any taller rubber boots?

I have a pair of Lacrosse rubber boots, 18" high. However, I have stepped in water a little too deep more than once last year. It's swampy where I hunt and when it rains, I have to be really careful, usually, 90% of the ground is covered in waterby November, also the duck woods.

I was gonna buy a pair of the new muck boots, but they are only 18" tall to. I need probably 20" boots, anyone know of any taller, comfy boots like this. Don't really want hip waders.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 PM

Default RE: Any taller rubber boots?

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

I have a pair of Lacrosse rubber boots, 18" high. However, I have stepped in water a little too deep more than once last year. It's swampy where I hunt and when it rains, I have to be really careful, usually, 90% of the ground is covered in waterby November, also the duck woods.

I was gonna buy a pair of the new muck boots, but they are only 18" tall to. I need probably 20" boots, anyone know of any taller, comfy boots like this. Don't really want hip waders.

Any suggestions?

If you walk in water that much, and duck hunt, why not get hip or chest waders??? Tallest Rubber I have ever seen was 18". I suggest Chest waders for duck hunting, keeps you warmer, and hip waders are nice for early season deer season, keeps you cooler. Thats my suggestion.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Id say go with the hip waders also.. I had to use some a couple years back to get across a stem on state land.ill be in htier this year again. When you get across you can roll them down if need be, though you might want to spray the inside that has touched your pants down again... but its better to stay dry and warm then cold and wet...
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you have an old pair of hip or chest waders cut them off to the desired height.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like I'l be getting some hip boots, then. I already got waders, don't like to walk that far in em. Well, I figured I would be getting some hip boots. I just don't figure they'll be very comfortable either.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM

If you want absolute comfort, get a tennis shoe...

If you want to be warm and dry, wear hip boots or waders...
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

The tennis shoes might be OK for someone that rides a 4 wheeler to within 100 yards of a stand. If you walked in as far as I do somedays, you would understand needing the most comfy boots I can get. Thats public land hunting for ya though.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:19 PM

some coon hunters including myself use a pair of hip boots called "frog Legs" you can get the boots in an insulated boot and they are great and comfortable sounds like that would be the best for your situation,however like someone else said spray after you take them off.